Need some help with Solar issue

The Vic is or has been connected to the battery fine for weeks and showing Volts/state just no PV . There is a fuse which is fine . I think this all stems back to when I first fitted the Vic and mixed up the cables between PV and Batt so the PV had Batt connected , that gave issues with the 30A fuse blowing until I realised my dumbassery .
Yes, true - it's seeing the battery voltage so that indicates it's all fine there.

It's possible when you connected the battery to the PV input that it did fry it, they have reverse polarity protection but I'm not sure about incorrect PV and batt connections.

The 75/15 has a max short circuit amp of 15a. Your battery would have been trying to put way in excess of 30a to the MPPT when it was connected (hence blowing the 30a fuse) and Victron do say that connecting a panel with above 15a short circuit amperage may damage the controller, which is essentially what you did when you connected the battery. :(

Reactions: MrD
So the old one is goosed.

That's a shame,

Try victron customer service, there is a good chance they will replace it.

So the old one is goosed.

That's a shame,

Try victron customer service, there is a good chance they will replace it.
I don’t know if it’s worth it as it may well of been my fault anyway?.

On another note , do these settings look ok for an AGM battery ?. Don’t want to fudge anything.

Noticed a tiny load output but can’t figure that out as van is locked up/turned off essentially , normal behavior?

IMG_2727.png

IMG_2728.png

IMG_2729.png

If you're not using the LOAD terminals, then just tern the loaf output off.

Your pics above don't show any loaf wires connected.

The other settings look ok...

Ie AGM spiral battery setting....

And the bulk. Absorb. Float etc......

Reactions: MrD
Back