Near side sliding door locking mechanism

dErZ

VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Guru
My near side slider has played about off on since I've owned it but it decided on the weekend it doesnt want to work anymore.

I pulled this via VCDS but how do I actually know whats broken and needs replacing? are there any good sites to look at to figure out the right parts to order?

03303 - Response Closing Status of Rear Left Door
008 - Implausible Signal - Intermittent
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 00101000
Fault Priority: 2
Fault Frequency: 16
Reset counter: 196
Mileage: 97789 km
Time Indication: 0
Date: 2018.07.31
Time: 09:22:35

My side door was showing as open on MFD, set off by bumps in the road. I’ve cleaned the contacts with a glass fibre pen and all good, they were well tarnished.

It may not be the cause of your vans fault but it’s worth a try. I’ve found that the contacts need polishing once a year to avoid problems.

Also take the contact plate off on the door and the B pillars check the thermals at the back haven't gottwn corroded seen it before where waters for in the back and caused a high resistance fault.

Does the door release and open? If so does it show the door open on the MFD in the cluster?

It may not be the cause of your vans fault but it’s worth a try. I’ve found that the contacts need polishing once a year to avoid problems.
The pens are great for corrosion but I'd recommended a can of quality electrical cleaner sprayed on to a robust tissue/cloth and a good rub first.

The pens leave very fine scratches that tend to make the corrosion come back a little sooner so once you start using them you are committed. But definitely the best option if a chemical cleaner doesn't work.

If you can find it and afford it Deoxit is amazing, but I tend to reserve that for audio connectors and, ahem, borrow it from work...

Tried the pen DXX referenced but didnt work.

Took the contact plates off the B pillar and the door, cabling looks fine. MFD does show the door open, if the van is locked and I open the slider the hazards go off.

So my question is how do i know which bit to order, Im suspecting its the unit in the slider thats faulty.. but how can I be sure? I have a twin slider can I swap the sides over?

20240418_141331.jpg

20240418_141614.jpg

Are these electric sliders as I have an issue with my passenger one on t6 it opens fine but when I close it, it closes and opens again the the light on the dash flashes

Back