NCB Question

paulfr

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Due to pick up our camper on Saturday and got the insurance sorted out today.I have over 9 years no claims bonus on our car,but looking through the insurance documents for the van they haven't included no claims protection on this policy.Are the two policys seperate i.e if i have an accident in the van it won't affect the car or should i give the van insurers a ring and get the protection put on the van

I have 10 years NCB on a car and two on a van. Both Brentacre and NFU have ‘mirrored’ my cars NCB on the van insurance. I’m pretty sure it didn’t make that much difference with Brentacre as they were not cheap, NFU was much more reasonable.

Cheers for the replys.Looking at the rest of the schduele it seems the van insurers have taken into account my ncb and as you say mirrored it on the new policy.But i was just confused why i had to start from scratch with a new policy.Thanks again both.

I have car and van insured with axa. They have mirrored my cars 20+ years ncd to the van policy, year 2 they said I could protect it - bonus :)

Ah! suppose it's because i have only just taken out the policy on the van and i have no NCB to protect.:thumbsup:

Back