Natural Camber?

Mavis628

T6 Pro
hi guys
Had the van lowered 40mm then had the laser alignment done, the guy at the garage said the van because it’s been lowered will have natural camber! Is this correct and if so sound like the tyres will scrub on the inside ?

Thanks

Well yes ... and no.....

If you just dropped the van with a lowering kit of new springs and shocks then yes the geometry may be out and front camber may be out.

But.

This is where the 4 wheel laser alignment comes into play..

The camber, caster, toe, rake adjustments are then made to bring the geometry back into spec..(on some motors)

But... there is only a certain amount of adjustment that can be made... if your at the max of the adjustment then you may end up with a out of range camber Etc..

But.... some motors/vans only have some of the adjustments. The toe angle on the rear of the T6 can be adjusted but not the camber or caster from what I can see. Saying that the way the rear lover wish bone is layed out the camber and caster should not change as the van is lowered. (The rear wishbone rotation point is left to right across the van and not front to back(which would change the angle))

Same for the front. The toe can be adjusted from the track Rod ends. But the factory camber can caster looks to be set.

So it depends if the aftermarket kit has provisions for any caster or camber adjustment. From what I can see.

I'll dig out the adjustment parameters later.

Last edited:
Pretty sure there is no camber adjustment on the rear but not sure about the fronts.

I don't think there is any adjustment as standard on the rears either. Mine has some pretty nice camber at the rear on B14's, but didn't have any when it was lowered on 30mm springs.

My rear tyres are wearing a lot faster than the fronts, but that's because I cannot seem to get the rear pressures perfect, and it's the middles that are wearing fast.

I don't think there is any adjustment as standard on the rears either. Mine has some pretty nice camber at the rear on B14's, but didn't have any when it was lowered on 30mm springs.

My rear tyres are wearing a lot faster than the fronts, but that's because I cannot seem to get the rear pressures perfect, and it's the middles that are wearing fast.
What pressure should I be running 19 inch amarok alloys 245/45/19 102w xl?

What pressure should I be running 19 inch amarok alloys 245/45/19 102w xl?

Personally I was running 50 all round, but my rear tyres were wearing too fast in the centre, so dropped the rears to 40 and fronts to 45 and they seem a lot better.
Oh and I'm running 255/45/19 104.

Yep.... 50 psi all round for me.

But I'm running heavy,

Exactly the same set up as Tourershine. I have however tried 50psi all round as Dell massive, and it feels better to drive. I get told all sorts by the tyre garages. My old T5 was a nightmare for steps in the rear tyres, and my garage told me it was due to tyre pressure. Twisting my melon man.

Back