Nationwide Cars

Minimilo

Miles Glover
T6 Pro
Evening, I am on the verge of T6 ownership and I am just wondering if anyone has bought a T6 through Nationwide Cars? I understand these are probably European imports but the price for a new T6 T30 Highline Kombi 150 is very good. Any issues with insurance, warranty etc?

Morning miles,

I have had two transporters from them over the last year and both were registered and delivered by a Uk dealership. One has had multiple warranty work carried out by another dealer with no issues, also the support from Luke was excellent. 100% recommendation

Used them a few years ago when I purchased navara, no issues at all, and uk dealers, wasn't happy when I gave it back and they sent me a bill for £800 for paint and interior damage !! it was immaculate as I look after my vehicles.

Morning miles,

I have had two transporters from them over the last year and both were registered and delivered by a Uk dealership. One has had multiple warranty work carried out by another dealer with no issues, also the support from Luke was excellent. 100% recommendation

Thanks for the reply, sounds like I need to contact them then!

I got my van through Nationwide, excellent service,no problems at all and a great price.
Recommended.

Hi,
Sorry for resurrecting an ancient thread but I’ve been quite tempted to use these guys, given all the positive feedback I’ve seen, their online quote is miles better than that which our prospective converter says he can get (I’m that close to placing an order for our conversion!) However a bit nervous about it, and especially about the stuff I’ve read about not getting the logbook until months after the van has been delivered. And did I also read that you’re expected to handover final payment before delivery? Can anybody explain what this is all about and convince me it’s not dodgy?

Not dodgy. Van is bought under vw fleet discount scheme and has to be registered to the fleet buyer. Fleet discount terms do not allow the vehicle to be sold on for a number of months... otherwise forecourts would be full of virtually new VWs at discount prices.
Bank transfer the balance a few days ahead of ddlivery. I have used them twice and would do so again. Excellent service.
Ask them about the V5 and having the logbook classification changed after conversion. They are very friendly and helpful.

Thanks that’s useful to know. I did speak to them and seemed good however naturally cautious with such a large purchase. I’ve since found that autoebid virtually match their price so got a decision to make...

Just to add, both my vans were registered to my company as the first owners and we received the logbooks after a couple of weeks.

If your worried about paying up front then take their finance offer and pay it off after delivery, this way if you have any issues the finance company will assist in resolving as they will own them.

When i checked with my insurance company they said they would not insure me as it would not be registered in my name, at my address, but i think that now, as above, you can be the first keeper, but i'd check.

Thanks for the help guys... just to let you know, I’ve just placed an order through autoebid, the price was almost the same as that offered by nationwide, so the countdown begins for our new conversion :)

Back