My T6 Lwb Camper

Looks stunning - more pictures please! This raised a question for me - I had always thought that inwards facing bench seats were outlawed many years ago but, whilst I don't think new vehicles can be produced with them, as part of a conversion is seems they are allowed but not recommended:-

Converting a van to carry passengers in the rear

Side-facing seatbelts
Our advice is that passengers are safest in a forward or rearward facing seat equipped with a lap belt or, preferably, a three-point belt.

Although side facing seats, with or without seatbelts, are not illegal, we would not advise that they are used. This is because seatbelts are not designed to be used with such seats. In the event of an accident, seatbelts on these side facing seats may help to prevent the wearer being thrown around the vehicle or from being ejected, but in a frontal crash they can increase injury risk by subjecting vulnerable parts of the body to higher loads than seatbelts used on forward facing seats. You should also bear in mind that child restraints cannot be fitted to side facing seats. In order to fit the required child restraints, you would need to have forward or rearward facing seats with full three-point seatbelts.

I’m actually about to fit 2 more seat belts on the rest of the seats, i agree I’m not sure I would want young children in those seats, and mine very rarely get used as I have teenagers and when they actually wana spend time with there parents, (which isn’t vary often) then the option is there which is what we wanted eg, short trips to the beach etc. got more mods coming tomorrow so will post some after that work.

DA0D08EF-62FA-4FAD-81B6-43BBE17B4B3B.jpeg

436AA4D8-B7B4-4A79-88BE-6E256E2E77AF.jpeg

A4E3FF74-D097-411A-9385-EA0FEF0E3ED1.jpeg

5170190A-0AC4-48A7-AE9E-7DE88DA60763.jpeg

Back