My first T6

Jon Corry

Hi,
I've been converting vans as a hobby for sometime and this year, funds allowed me to get a T6 Highline.

This isn't a shameless advert but having used some of the very useful T6 specific information on this forum (B2B chargers) I wanted to share the end result.

Its a Highline, bought from Liverpool VW van centre. Initially, I wanted an Indium Grey or Accapulco Blue van but each one had either bodywork or cab damage. This Candy White one was sat there in the corner with just 3K miles on and was perfect! Its been a slow burner as I was building a Flannel Grey T5 at the same time but it's 99% done with just the kick boards and swivel plate to go on.[

So, how does it stack up as Transporter number 11 (or 12 - I forget)? Firstly, it is a lot nicer to drive. As it is box fresh, the suspension is free from rattles and clunks but I think it genuinely stops and steers much better than the predecessor and the engine is refined even when compared to a low mileage T5.1 2.0 that I built last year.

B pillar back is pretty much the same so great for sourcing and fitting windows but there's a few minor differences with welds.

Once this as found a new home, it's time for another and I think it will be a LWB tailgate :)

Hopefully, the pictures will attach!

Thanks, thats one of the attractions of the Rib bed. You can have a parcel shelf too when the bed back is down, useful for keeping coolbox/awning/other gubbins below on the altro floor and cases/bags up above on the shelf. Or, as per the picture, you can squeeze larger items in with the bed back in the upright position.

Wow! That looks amazing.
The storage at the back. That's what I thought mine was going to be like but when it arrived I have no space back it's all in the middle.

You have only had it a couple of months, hope everythings alright mate.
Yep, I just need to release capital for the purchase of a house for my father in law.

are you aware you haven't put up a price. you are giving it away for free. :-/
:) the price is in the ebay advert, I've not enough privileges for posting in the for sale sections (which is fine and understood). I'm gutted as its a fantastic drive.

Back