My black beauty has arrived

There have been many posted pictures of bonnet paintwork that has bubbled, and they have all had a bra in common.
Never had one fitted to mine, but all those that have spoken about it have said they believe it to have been the bra due to the way they hold moisture against the paint.?

My bodyshop doesn't like them, and they've seen examples the same as you've mentioned. They think it's because the paint topcoat takes a long time to fully cure, and the bra can effect this process, but once i've had my bonnet painted again, the bra won't be going back on anyway.

I have been thinking about a few members to look at, ask questions etc. But overall to just have a nice time with Obviously an awning for willing couple.

I trust some of you have considered members for an hour in a carpark Toilet
(Also, I'm not a slag)

With this in mind I trust they are happy for a meet.
Maybe multiple meets at different times to give all an opportunity to come.
View attachment 17449

Shall we just stop this now before it goes too far, or I actually wet myself.....

Last edited:
Thanks ,well chuffed but so need some big rims and lowering

If I had to do it again, I wouldn’t be lowering or changing alloys

My H&R 40mm springs have created a knock intermittently at slow speeds when camber change in road, sounds like top mounts or something,

Plus the ride is shite with 20 inch alloys

If I had to do it again, I wouldn’t be lowering or changing alloys

My H&R 40mm springs have created a knock intermittently at slow speeds when camber change in road, sounds like top mounts or something,

Plus the ride is shite with 20 inch alloys

Really? I'm only 10mm higher, and 1" smaller on wheels and mine drives like a dream. I was actually considering the H&R 40mm springs, but after a conversation with another member that's moved from 30mm to coilovers, I'm going down that route shortly.
(I love the drive of mine, but it just needs to be lower)

Lowering I think going from most people’s advice and getting b14 coilovers . I was thinking Eibach 50mm but don’t want a crashing ride .
Need a bloody ladder to get in at the moment. I have caves above rear wheels.

Lowering I think going from most people’s advice and getting b14 coilovers . I was thinking Eibach 50mm but don’t want a crashing ride .
Need a bloomin ladder to get in at the moment. I have caves above rear wheels.

You wait till you have to start looking for wheels! it seems to take months, and the amount of times you change your mind is bonkers if you're like me.
I never got to drive mine in standard form, so I'm not sure what it felt like to be fair, but judging by how mine 30mm lower against these at standard, I can see why people drop that as quickly as possible.
I'm only holding off the B14 route because I know I will put mine as low as I can comfortably bare, but the roads are riddled with potholes at the moment, and I don't fancy ripping off my splitter just yet.

20171111_091216.jpg

CF529EF7-470C-41DD-AE1C-B57E131E5EB3.jpeg Silent coat all done and @Thermo linning. Now for carpeting .I was very appreciative about this but must say coming along nicely .

Back