Move 2+1 seat

zlea73

Hi all
I would like to move the single kombi chair from behind the passenger seat to behind the drivers seat.
I don’t need the other two at all
I only need 3 chairs in total, that would be the two front captain seat and one at the back of driver to make space.
If I add a couple of seat brackets on the floor would the single chair fit?
Did anyone did this before?

No, the seat belt catch will be on the wrong side.

You’d need a right hand seat from a shuttle (they have three individual seats on the second row). You would only need 2 extra floor brackets as the right hand ones for the double seat are in the right place for the single seat.

Hi
thanks I sort about that
proably I just needs to buy a seatbelt buckle to fit on the other side of the chair.
should be just a few bolts to take off.
my Mai concern are the seat brackets on the floor fitting the single combi.
if I add two brackets I wonder if the ridget spacing on the floor would fit the single chair on the opposite side.

You can try but I dont think it will work satisfactorily. The left hand single seat has a left sided overhang, meaning, if moved to the RHS, it would leave a big gap between the seat and van side.

I’m not sure if the seat belt anchor is bolted or welded - I wouldnt like to alter a safety feature like this from an insurance perspective or keeping a loved one safe!

Just my 0.02p worth.

Back