Milenco Steering Wheel Lock - Standard or Commercial Version

getinoutthere

Hi, I'm planning on getting a Milenco steering wheel lock for my T6.1 but not sure if I should get the standard version or the commercial version (215mm longer).
Would prefer the standard for convenience but no point getting the wrong one.
Any advice from other experience would be much appreciated, thanks

Any particular reason you're looking at this specific lock?

I only ask as most choose the Dislok and/or a pedal lock or even a Bear-Lock.

I have the Standard silver version.

it can be fitted to the steering wheel in several locations and when the wheel is turned slightly,
it can be fitted to point to the left of right, to offer different access to the key lock
it can be set to restrict access to the drivers seat
it Looks robust & offers a visual deterrent.
It fits directly in front of the passenger seat or in the Gap between driver / passenger

The longer commercial lock would potentially hit the door / window if put it on the wheel pointing right.

Any particular reason you're looking at this specific lock?

I only ask as most choose the Dislok and/or a pedal lock or even a Bear-Lock.
Hi Bav, looking at the Milenco just because it has higher security ratings and it's easier to stash than the wheel cover type. At the end of the day it's only an extra deterrent but anything that helps...

Reactions: Bav
I have the Standard silver version.

it can be fitted to the steering wheel in several locations and when the wheel is turned slightly,
it can be fitted to point to the left of right, to offer different access to the key lock
it can be set to restrict access to the drivers seat
it Looks robust & offers a visual deterrent.
It fits directly in front of the passenger seat or in the Gap between driver / passenger

The longer commercial lock would potentially hit the door / window if put it on the wheel pointing right.
Hi, great info much appreciated. Thanks, Jon

Hi Bav, looking at the Milenco just because it has higher security ratings and it's easier to stash than the wheel cover type. At the end of the day it's only an extra deterrent but anything that helps...
Yeah, multiple layers of security is certainly the way to go. To protect my camper, I went for an electrically-gated parking area, floodlights, CCTV, pedal lock, Dislok, alarm, tracker and immobiliser :whistle:. And, no, I don't live in a high-crime area... but you can never be too careful! :rolleyes:

Yeah, multiple layers of security is certainly the way to go. To protect my camper, I went for an electrically-gated parking area, floodlights, CCTV, pedal lock, Dislok, alarm, tracker and immobiliser :whistle:. And, no, I don't live in a high-crime area... but you can never be too careful! :rolleyes:
Jeez it must take you ages to set off

I have the Commercial Milano.
Has to point to the left, steering wheel has to be left slightly to the left or lock jus flaps about. In hind sight shorter one one have done the job.

I have the Commercial Milano.
Has to point to the left, steering wheel has to be left slightly to the left or lock jus flaps about. In hind sight shorter one one have done the job.
Hi, thanks. I bought the standard length one yesterday. See what you mean about the steering wheel having to be slightly off centre, but once it's in that position the lock seems secure. I wouldn't want to rest it on the wheel at the top (horizontal) in case it slips, setting off the alarm!

Cant remember which one this is but it fits great, it needs one chrome bar either side of wheel spokes for max security against cutting the wheel, so it cant slip.

sec.jpg

Back