Mid Conversion

Dave Potts

My startline panel van is undergoing a camper conversion..the outside is done apart from a decent bike rack. Gonna concentrate on the inside next month. We thinking of not putting an oven in and making do with a gas hob/sink/fridge. More space for storage. Any thoughts?

Makes perfect sense to me, why have an oven in a campervan, what you going to cook, bread?? We do 99% of our cooking on a Cadac safari chef outside

We don't have an oven, I don't think we'd use it.
We do the same as Colin and cook mostly outside on a cadac safari grill.

Remember if you intend to have your van's V5 changed to a "Motor Caravan" by the DVLA you'll still need a cooker of some sort fixed to the vehicle; the Cadac is just an extra to make life more pleasurable when on holiday

I didn't realise anyone put ovens in Transporters, surely they take up too much space?

We go away in our camper all year round and an oven was a must for us, nothing better than a nice hot pie or lasagne or just to warm up a pasty .
We wouldn't want to stand outside in some of the summer weather let alone winter.

I haven't got an oven in mine, was told it would require some horrible vent on the outside. I think I will possibly miss a grill...but think I'm going to miss a lot of the things I had in the caravan.

No oven for me.... I thought I wanted one but my conversion guy talked me out of it.... happy he did, haven't missed it.

Makes perfect sense to me, why have an oven in a campervan, what you going to cook, bread?? We do 99% of our cooking on a Cadac safari chef outside

We don't have an oven, I don't think we'd use it.
We do the same as Colin and cook mostly outside on a cadac safari grill.

Re-assuring words. After much arguing with the Boss we've decided to have no means of cooking and no sink built into the van. For us the permanent loss of space was too much for how frequently we think we'd use it. We do have a top down fridge, but cooking will be outside. I'll probably invest is something to boil water quickly inside though.

Back