Microwaves

Neil Minter

Good morning
I have a westfalia Kepler 1 t6 Campervan, and wondered if someone had any experience of using a 12v microwave in such a van either of leisure batteries or mains hook up ?
Thank you

Microwaves draw massive amounts of power.

So dont bother unless you have EHU (which is fine) or a massive battery bank, preferably Lithium with a 1500w or larger inverter and a robust way of recharging said battery bank.

I've not seen a 12v microwave, all I've seen are 240v.

That right EHU is 240vac on a 16A commando socket. (I think @Pauly )

So you run your extension lead from the commando lead EHU to your 240v fuse panel input, which in turn has your 13A UK sockets......

The microwave just plugs in to that just like at home.

I'd say its really down to usage...whilst ideally running off a mians hookup is easier, its not always practical (at least not for me!) - i have a small 240VAC microwave in my van powered from an 2500W inverter fed from my 120AH leasure battery. Whilst it might be pushing it a bit to bake a cake/make a 3 course dinner etc, it works fine for me to occasionally warm up some sausage rolls or a ready meal etc. 1 caveat is i mainly use my van during the summer months when the solar keeps the battery nicely topped up.

I did find some providers (ebay!) were selling similar low wattage microwaves with modified sine wave inverters, however i elected to buy a larger pure sine inverter separately to make it more useful for things other than the microwave.

Does anyone have any experience with airlocks in the water system I’ve just re filled after draining the system over winter and turning on pump the water isn’t flowing but the pump is continuously on regardless of the tap being on or off ?

Does anyone have any experience with airlocks in the water system I’ve just re filled after draining the system over winter and turning on pump the water isn’t flowing but the pump is continuously on regardless of the tap being on or off ?
Is it a microwave pump with a flux capacitor? Have you tried reversing the polarity on the thyristor junction?

Well
Sorry I’ve confused the thread this is a separate enquiry regarding the water nothing to do with the microwave.
well I never;)
Just ask one of the mods to split it off to a new thread, there’ll be an answer out there.

Suck it!
Piece of hose held onto end of tap and suck once pump is running - was for ever having to do it in my last van if the tank got emptied completely.

Back