MIB2 fittings

Simon1725

Does anyone know where I can buy a male connector for the MIB port as per the first 2 pictures?

I'm in the middle of trying to make this a wireless connector with the upgraded port from VW (green one). I will hide that all behind the dash if it works but would like to pick up the power and still power the standard connector in the dash if that makes sense.

My aim is to make it look all standard, allowing charging via a cable if required but with a wireless connection for Andriod Auto, like it should have been from the factory:mad:

20220923_153425.jpg

20220923_153428.jpg

20220923_153554.jpg

20220923_153601.jpg

How are you intending on making the discover media unit wireless?

How are you intending on making the discover media unit wireless?
Hi Dave

I purchased one of these: Wireless Android Auto adapter for all cars and head units - Carsifi
and one of these from VW.

I had to cut a small lug off my wiring loom connector and it worked the first go. :)

I'll hide all this behind the dash.

I've now decided to buy one of these:
ROKK Wireless / Hidden & Waterproof Wireless Charger - Mobile / Media Accessories - Transporter HQ
and make it wireless charging, so no need to plug in.

Sorry I miss understood your post I thought you meant you was making the unit wireless capable without using an adapter.

Cheers
Chris

Sorry I miss understood your post I thought you meant you was making the unit wireless capable without using an adapter.

Cheers
Chris
Hi, Chris Yes I'll end up with wireless Andriod Auto (already working) and wireless charging for the phone. I'm hoping if I pull the media unit. there is enough room to fit one under the dash, above where the media unit goes.

I am gong to say it highly likely you will not be able to buy that exact plug as a standalone item, the 4 pin connector is a fakra plug but having one with the additional 2 pin power but is unique to particular applications so not sure where you could get it from unless theres a VW part number stamped on it

I am gong to say it highly likely you will not be able to buy that exact plug as a standalone item, the 4 pin connector is a fakra plug but having one with the additional 2 pin power but is unique to particular applications so not sure where you could get it from unless theres a VW part number stamped on it
The 2 pin part looks like a JST connector - if you don't mind your plug in 2 parts, given the above might work? - link

Back