MFD Confusing me

Not as far as I’m aware, drives like I’d expect from a 150bhp

But I’ve only had the van a few weeks so the previous owner might have had bits done

Still trying to contact him to see if any coding/maps/parts have been fitted/modified
Post ADVANCED IDENTIFICATION from your module 01 as well.

Post ADVANCED IDENTIFICATION from your module 01 as well.
Will this detail mileage as well? My first thought when there was a suspicion of the clocks being changed was a whether the mileage was correct.

@Stricky have you checked mot history etc. to see if the mileage tallies up? Sorry to be so pessimistic but if it does turn out to be suspicious it's best to get it sorted ASAP.

Will this detail mileage as well? My first thought when there was a suspicion of the clocks being changed was a whether the mileage was correct.

@Stricky have you checked mot history etc. to see if the mileage tallies up? Sorry to be so pessimistic but if it does turn out to be suspicious it's best to get it sorted ASAP.

Yeah I checked mot history before I bought it, and rang Vw and they sent me a print out of their service history before buying which matches the mot history, as the guy I was buying it from only bought it from Vw in June 2023 as a van that had just been traded back in off of lease from class tractors as a fleet service vehicle, and has full Vw service history even got 2 services on the service plan.

So I’m 99.9% sure the mileage is all good, just thought maybe there was a fault with the clocks, or upgraded them

Where abouts in Cornwall are you ?
I’m Plymouth based and happy to have a look at it for you, reasonably confident it will be a simple enough fix

Where abouts in Cornwall are you ?
I’m Plymouth based and happy to have a look at it for you, reasonably confident it will be a simple enough fix
Hi Paul,

Thanks for the reply,
I’m as far as possible, I’m in Penzance/Hayle but I visit Plymouth quite often, if I don’t get it sorted soon I’ll let you know when I’m next in Plymouth
Think I’m gonna be there on March the 29th/30th

So I’m guessing there was a coding fault and OBDeleven just hadn’t read it properly, as Friday when I was last in the van I changed all the coding over to say it has an auto box
No difference
Changed it all back to manual
No difference

Today I got in the van, and it’s showing up all gears correctly, wasn’t showing up the change notification arrows, so changed that in the coding and now it’s all working correctly

Thanks for all the advice guys

Back