Maypole Battery charger went up in smoke!

Jonner

T6 Pro
Hey so I'm converting my T6 it's taking a while so I've been charging battery with extension lead and Maypole charger the other day smoke started pouring from charger quickly disconnected it . so looking for recommendations for charger I can use on my other vehicles as well as the van.not Maypole obviously many thanks.

Depends what kind of charging you want to do, if its only for maintenance then something small will be fine, i mainly use a Victron 4A charger as per the below link, its waterproof and comes with a few different quick release connectors, charges at 1A for small batteries or 4A for larger batteries

Whilst fine for smaller charging jobs a flat battery will take many many hours to charge from something that small so if you need to recharge batteries then something bigger would be better, i would suggest something up around 10A or 15A minimum

Guess you need to decide if its needs to be waterproof and if you want a multi stage charger that will condition batteries as well as just charging them as prices will vary hugely

More info over here.....

Thanks for that 4 ah probably ok really don't want to fit one permanently to van just for use on extension lead .must admit I am a bit price conscious but that Victron sounds decent !

That shouldn't happen .am I doing the correct thing starting van once a week or should I just leave it. Making furniture between other jobs.so taking a while.

Have just ordered a battery charger have decided on a Ctek mxs5 in the end thought as I'm going to use Ctek 250se in van might be good to stick to same brand.

Reactions: CAB
Back