Mattress foam for DIY bed

Brae

T6 Pro
just about finished making a bed pod that pulls out (wooden slats) but i need to source foam for sleeping on ,i admit i like and need a foam thats firm ,i also need to buy it made to measure :)

Any ideas or recommendations greatly appreciated :thumbsup:

Went to Ikea the other week and was looking at their memory foam toppers for just this reason. They have different thicknesses and all seem to be a pretty fair price.

Went to Ikea the other week and was looking at their memory foam toppers for just this reason. They have different thicknesses and all seem to be a pretty fair price.
Thanks Fish and DaveyB ,if i were to purchase a mattress from ikea i'd have to cut it into 3 pieces for making it fit to the pullout bed

IMG_1038.JPG

Thanks Fish and DaveyB ,if i were to purchase a mattress from ikea i'd have to cut it into 3 pieces for making it fit to the pullout bed

View attachment 6946
Reckon that's doable. If you buy one that is wide enough to fit the top end of the bed, then carefully unpick the cover. Slice out the foam you don't need and fold and trim the cover to then fit the remaining shape and restitch. Just like wrapping up an awkward Christmas present. You could alternatively buy two singles, cut the second one down to fit on the wider part (retrimming as before) but then stitch it to the longer piece along the top surface only, then you would be able to fold it over on itself for stowage purposes.

Purchased the foam mattress from a company called Anyfoam ,happy with it .
I've cut it into 3 sections ,just need to upholster them ...until then a couple of bed sheets have worked fine ,comfy nights on bike trips now :thumbsup:IMG_1143.JPG

GB Foam Direct have a campervan mattress page. You can get the foam custom cut and delivered there. We ordered a high density foam mattress bonded with a memory foam topper. Really pleased with it.

Back