Lumbar Adjustment Fix

silentwitness

The lumber support on the passenger seat made a nasty noise and stopped working this morning. Trying to find out the problem I took the parts apart. Now trying to get this bit back together. Has anyone got any tips on bringing these two lovey parts back to one? :) I can't get the inner cable out more than this so the only way I can think to do it is to cut back some of the shielding but hoping there's a better way if anyone has done this before?

Cheers

tempImageGTP5IJ.png

Hi, thanks airhoguk. Yeah I can see in theory where it needs to go, but trying to get enough cable out to get the nipple in and the wire through the slot is proving impossible for me. I don't really want to take the seat apart, but I'm wondering if it's easier to release the tension at the lumbar end and then reconnect.

Hiya - I have exploded your pic (on my phone) as much as I can..... was that black ring below the nipple attached to the sheathing? All the same, I would be inclined to try shoving the nipple in the receiver and then compressing the sheathing back with the black ring to give enough wire to slip through the slot. Essentially, allow the parts to have a tension rather than loosening up and trying to re-tension

Is the lumbar support in or out, if you can tell. If its pushed out you might get some additional slack by pushing it in. Alternatively release the back of the seat cover and you'll see the mechanism. I don't think the cable has any slack in it as the adjustment is purely on the know screwing in and out and if yo've got that much cable showing i think it will be partially detached or broken inside unfortunately

Is the lumbar support in or out, if you can tell. If its pushed out you might get some additional slack by pushing it in. Alternatively release the back of the seat cover and you'll see the mechanism. I don't think the cable has any slack in it as the adjustment is purely on the know screwing in and out and if yo've got that much cable showing i think it will be partially detached or broken inside unfortunately
Sorry for resurrecting this post, but, looking at the above photo, but, my grey wheel has become detached from the white plastic bit ....... do I just glue it back on ??

Back