Lowering suspension on van

Cuzz

As this is all new to me, I would appreciate the experience of you all our there!

I ordered a van with standard springs, and it has become quickly obvious that it needs to be lowered!
Van is a T32 150 SWB Kombi

A few questions:
Am only looking to drop the van by 40mm, do insurance companies view this as a mod that will affect the policy?
Should I get the work done by a VW dealer?
Van will shortly go in for insulation/lining so could get lowering done by the conversion company, or do insurance cos. prefer this sort of thing completed by main dealer?
Best springs to use?

Any other thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance....

The only official VW springs are the Eibach 30mm, this is what they would fit if you asked for it to be lowered by them, the same springs that come fitted to Sportlines
If you want to go 40mm you will be looking at other brands, plenty around from various manufacturers
If i were you i would get you conversion company to do it and telling your insurance company well that up to you, officially you should do, some dont mind some will use it as an excuse to increase premiums

You really must tell your insurance company of any mod. Anything happens and they will look for any opportunity to not pay out. If they find a mod on your van I.e after an at fault accident they'll qualify it as a breech and won't pay. If you have a non-fault accident then there is no record of what is on your van so there is a possibility that it'll only get repaired back to standard. I have a modified van insurance and it really does not cost that much more.
It's a matter for yourself ultimately but may be worth considering can you afford not to have it replaced?

Back