Lowered van drivers- tiny feet?

former member

Account closed
T6 Pro
I often stand on my wheels to wash the upper parts of my van; but it's a fairly snug fit in my size 10s and one error led me to nearly breaking an ankle as I hopped off the wheel but left my foot jammed in the arch.

How do you lowerers fit your feet in the arches?

o_O :geek: :whistle:

Last edited:
My van measures 1970mm to top of the roof bars and I'm 5ft 8 and can clean the top of the van very easy but need the step ladders to do the roof or dads plastering stilts :)

Even 'aired out' I have to use one of those foot tall step thingies from Argos!!!

I have to use steps for the roof, but these are useless for reaching the middle of the window screen.
For the window screen the only way I can reach is pulling myself up on to the front wheels by grabbing the bonnet with one hand and the wing mirrors with the other , the dismount is a bit ungainly and has had me on my Bum!

What's your measurements aired out and fully raised walski Did you manage to get her in the garage

I reckon I'm about 186cm at the highest part of the van at the middle of the poptop roof at the back. That's not fully aired out but just rolling front and back. I can't turn the front wheels much at that height but yes it rolls straight back/forward in and out of my garage :);)

IMG_0470.JPG IMG_0475.JPG

I'm 6'5" and use a macallister platform from Screwfix. It's about 40cm high and from that a can reach easily to the middle of the roof.

Using the wheels, sliding door ledge and passenger side step I can just about get to all the roof washing it.
But putting surfboards on the roof in a strong wind is near torture; hang on with one arm, attempt to fling straps over the boards, repeatedly fall off.

I don't wash the roof, you can't see it.

Agreed, i stand on front wheels to wash the front of roof above the windscreen and the rest just gets left, do it maybe once or twice a year

With 50mm lowered springs and 20" tyres there isn't much room the stand on the front wheels but use some small steps .never used to wash the roof but since I've Been bitten by the detailing fairy I evan dry the roof . Can't bring myself to take the van to a car wash .

Back