Lower grille trim.

cy294

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Morning all,

anyone taken the plastic lower trim off and sprayed it a different colour as opposed to buying ones from online suppliers?

Stay safe.

Hi, i have just painted the lower grille trim strip and higher grille chrome strip.
I used Plasticote clear plastic primer spray first before using required base coat primers for the top coats.
Really happy with the finished job.

IMG_1506.JPG

Morning all,

anyone taken the plastic lower trim off and sprayed it a different colour as opposed to buying ones from online suppliers?

Stay safe.
My genuine ones are in the paint shop as we speak. Getting them colour coded to match the van.
Should be back soon so will post pics once done.

Thanks for the replies.

This is my progress so far.

Decided to spray the back of VW retaining badge as well.

IMG_20200611_114252.jpg

IMG_20200611_114246.jpg

Does anyone have a recommendation for where I might buy quality ‘textured’ lower grille trims (and not gloss)? What makes my search even harder is that I need to insert the parking sensors in and I don’t know if some come pre-drilled for this? As you can see, my passenger side is scuffed... thanks in advance!
32A0A518-403D-4ED6-AD67-19EF83453613.jpeg

Does anyone have a recommendation for where I might buy quality ‘textured’ lower grille trims (and not gloss)? What makes my search even harder is that I need to insert the parking sensors in and I don’t know if some come pre-drilled for this? As you can see, my passenger side is scuffed... thanks in advance!
View attachment 105695
I have some of those side bits spare I think but without parking sensors

My genuine ones are in the paint shop as we speak. Getting them colour coded to match the van.
Should be back soon so will post pics once done.
I can’t remember which bits I sold to you but I have now bought the OEM side lower grills with drls and the centre lower grill all still in textured grey ready to take the get sprayed up at the paint shop. So hopefully soon I’ll have a full aftermarket front end up for sale

I can’t remember which bits I sold to you but I have now bought the OEM side lower grills with drls and the centre lower grill all still in textured grey ready to take the get sprayed up at the paint shop. So hopefully soon I’ll have a full aftermarket front end up for sale
I had your debadged grill and fog lamp plastics.
Holding up well so far.

Hi, i have just painted the lower grille trim strip and higher grille chrome strip.
I used Plasticote clear plastic primer spray first before using required base coat primers for the top coats.
Really happy with the finished job.

View attachment 73532
I have a chip out of my front grill, thinking your way may be an easier route to fix it rather than purchasing a whole replacement grill.

Did you find it difficult to do, is your grill gloss black?

I am thinking that this may be a job for Saturday as the weather is decent tomorrow.

I’ll find em and take some pictures for you if you like but I think they are missing the seat for the sensor

Back