Low Cranking Voltage

Mike23864

NHS
T6 Guru
Afternoon all. I’ve a battery monitor in place that’s showing ‘low cranking voltage’ from the starter battery. The battery itself is only 2 months old. Today I had a Start/Stop error. I’ve attached screenshots. Any help gratefully received

FD260314-B507-40B9-B562-4323D5DA639C.png

75BECD18-5124-4672-888E-82EFA1E5B469.png

How much do you drive the van?

every day? - for how long?

Do you have a charger you can but on a 24hr charge?

Check the earth straps, in particular from the chassis to the engine (cambelt end). corroding terminals can cause a voltage drop under heavy current draw.

Did you get to the bottom of your problem?

i have a similar ongoing issue…
I did yes. Long tale of woe but I had to replace my starter battery. The recent replacement I had bought didn’t have enough of a kick. I found as well it would crank over and not start as the VW battery monitor won’t allow it to start if it doesn’t think there’s enough power. To get round this (and to confirm it was the battery) I turned ignition on, turned start/stop off and then turned it over.

The previous owner of my T6 changed to a Varna AGM battery. Always seem to be on ‘the edge’ of not having enough cranking power, even when fully charged. I use the same monitor as you and always hovering in the low cranking zone.

thinking of a new 95ah battery…

Thanks for your feedback…

I’m starting to get this warning from my BM - today it told me the cranking voltage was 8.54v. The van is 2 years old with 5.5k on the clock. It hasn’t had a lot of use until recently but I’ve hooked it up to shore power from time to time to keep the starter and leisure batteries topped up. Is this a VW warranty issue??

Back