Low Bed Seat Height.

Hello all. Just joined the forum. This'll be my first question of many I've no doubt.

Sat on a California bed a few days ago and could could comfortably touch the floor with my feet. However with the rib beds I can't. (I'm a bit of a shortarse.) I like the idea of the bed being on rails. Does anyone know if the Reimo beds are a low seat height too? Are there any other considerations?

Thanks.

We noticed the same on the fixed RIB but ours is being installed on caravelle rails so it slides which according to the converter means the seat to floor distance is less. Unfortunately it is still with them so can’t say definitively if this is the case but may be another option depending who converts your van.

We noticed the same on the fixed RIB but ours is being installed on caravelle rails so it slides which according to the converter means the seat to floor distance is less. Unfortunately it is still with them so can’t say definitively if this is the case but may be another option depending who converts your van.

Ok, cheers. I'd be very interested to see how it is once it's done.

The governing factor of the RIB height is the wheel arch, i.e. the double thickness/sided seat/mattress has to sit above so I'm guessing that with the sliding rails you end up with a higher floor rather than a lower seat??

The governing factor of the RIB height is the wheel arch, i.e. the double thickness seat/mattress has to sit above so I'm guessing that with the sliding rails you end up with a higher floor rather than a lower seat??
Yes, that's what we were told.

The governing factor of the RIB height is the wheel arch, i.e. the double thickness/sided seat/mattress has to sit above so I'm guessing that with the sliding rails you end up with a higher floor rather than a lower seat??

In that case I imagine the double folding seat would be a major factor also.

In that case I imagine the double folding seat would be a major factor also.
I don't know but expect the front seats would still be installed in their original position/height, i.e. the higher floor would only be in the back of the van and there would be a step and/or slope between front and back. So when used facing forward they would have the same height/legroom as they as they always did but when swivelled round would have slightly less than they originally had.

Back