Loose trim around side repeater indicators (T6.1)

JimmyAK

Anyone had issues with the plastic trim around the side repeater indicators on their T6.1? I'm talking about the black plastic 'Transporter' logo trim which runs around the indicators to the headlight. My van is only 12 months old and on both sides they've come loose from the body - looks like they're only stuck down with a double sided foam tape. Probably not too bad a job to fix, just wondered if it happened to anyone else.

Last edited:
Yes- one of mine has come loose. As you say it looks like they are just stuck on. Haven’t done anything about it yet as I’m thinking about replacing them with’bulli’ badges.

Fixed these yesterday. The trim came away very easily which wasn't surprising when I saw the pattern on the rear. The 'diamond' pattern means there's very little surface area contacting the adhesive tape, and this is evidenced by the lack of impression on the foam in the second picture. A pretty poor design as far as I'm concerned. Anyway, removed the old foam tape, cleaned the painted surface up and used some heavy duty double-sided carpet tape to re-attach. Seems much more secure now, but time will tell. If it fails again I'll maybe try some hot glue so that there's more contact with the whole surface of the trim.

IMG_0590.jpeg

IMG_0589.jpeg

Back