Looking To Purchase A Caravelle

DRFTR

Evening all,

I'm looking to buy a Caravelle, I have found one local(ish) to me that is up for £23995.
It's an edition 25 in candy white with 63k on the clock, full VWSH, full leather, nav, rev cam, DAB etc.
Just wanted to know if that is a good price or not? and what are they like for reliability? as I have seen a few which have had replaced engines due to oil consumption.

I was looking to purchase a Kombi as I'll need the rear space for delivering the odd bit of furniture but the seats in the Caravelle look so much more comfy. It will also serve as a family vehicle for long trips so figured for that reason alone I'm much better off with a Caravelle.
Only have space for 2 vehicles on my drive, the other space is taken by my track/drag toy and I will not be street parking...

TIA :)

Matt

Not sure about the price but my advice on seating would be check the weight of the caravelle bench seat before making a decision.
I had a T5 Caravelle and loved it but the rear bench was so heavy I never removed it! The interior is very flexible from a sliding seat/rotating seat perspective but not so much from a removing the seats and having an empty van, hence I have a T6 Kombi now.

Not sure about the price but my advice on seating would be check the weight of the caravelle bench seat before making a decision.
I had a T5 Caravelle and loved it but the rear bench was so heavy I never removed it! The interior is very flexible from a sliding seat/rotating seat perspective but not so much from a removing the seats and having an empty van, hence I have a T6 Kombi now.

Weight won't be an issue, several of the units I sell are 90+ kilos. Can't imagine the rear bench is anymore than that and if it is then strop and fork lift haha.
Hoping someone can advise on price though?

The Caravelle really is a do everything type of vehicle.

I started by looking at Kombi's, but felt that they are still very van like, so I would end up spending a fortune on making it a bit more plush, and that would be money I'd never see back.

I took the rear bench out once, but never again. It weighs a ton. I did it when we went away on hols so that the kids could have 2 separate seats. The fact that the middle seats and table need to come out before the rear, makes it more sensible just to remove them and slide the bench forwards. Also in this layout, we often slide the rear bench right to the back and load bulky stuff in the middle of the van.

Price wise, I looked at an 2012 Edition before buying mine. That had done over 70K and was up at £25,000. It's a lot of money, but it seems that they really do hold there money well.

What engine? that mileage is a bit 'leggy' for me, I'd want a very good warranty on a modern dpf/adblue diesel engined car/van.

Back