Looking For T6 With Ac And Tailgate For £15k

Jimmi

Television Lighting Engineer
T6 Guru
My mate is looking for a T6 his budget is £15k and he isn’t VAT registered. He’s not massively fussed about spec but does want air con and tailgate. Any idea where you can get a reasonable mileage van for that sort of money? There’s loads of barn doors about but the tailgate seems to be rare.

I've just bought a T6 with tailgate for £20k from a vw dealer. To be honest unless he's after a poorly spec'd van or loads and loads of miles he's going to struggle with 15k including vat. I'm not saying they aren't out there, he certainly won't be spoilt for choice though. He'd be better off getting a 5.1 IMHO.

They're certainly rarer as I found during my recent search.
Keep an eye on Autotrader and the likes but also the various Facebook VW and Transporter sales groups. They do pop up.

I think a lot of the van converters buy them direct making them hard to find. I ended up buying the van I wanted but with barn door, and retro fitting a tailgate. I found one for £500 in the right colour.

How hard is I
I think a lot of the van converters buy them direct making them hard to find. I ended up buying the van I wanted but with barn door, and retro fitting a tailgate. I found one for £500 in the right colour.
Is it a hard job to do?

I was looking for a van with a similar spec (although I did want a highline) for around £17k + vat for a camper conversion and ended up paying £27k incl vat!! :cry:

I did end up increasing the requirements again and again but found there was hardly anything on the market regardless.

I think your looking at a very high mileage T6 or a T5.1

T5 isn’t an option because of the low emission zone. So he’s gonna have to spend more money or buy a Transit

Back