Looking for advice: alloys

Freddy Orange

Hi all,
Just joined the forum. Bought a T6 (T30 on 66 plate) Kombi from a mate about 6 months ago. He’d had it lowered 40mm but otherwise fitted as standard. Having driven it for a while I have some ideas: changing the fixed bench for a slidbig triple, swivel seats in the front, sound proofing, additional speakers and internal lights etc. Would like to change the alloys first. I have heard that going above 18” only makes the ride harsher - welcome any views. Also welcome any ideas on alloys and whether it’s best to stay VW? Thinking black multi-spoke like the ones included. Thanks, F

08EB7639-457C-494A-9153-88E3A5D184D0.jpeg

Hi, and welcome. Firstly, we thrive on photos. Stick a pic on, and everyone will be happy:thumbsup:
I’ve just swapped 17in wheels, for 20in. I have a T28, so specced 102 load rated tyres. I took off 107 rated. I was expecting to loose fillings, as the new ones are 35 profile. My ride is actually softer than before. My 6.1 is 6 months old, so went Supermetal Tridents, (VW accessories) just in case there any warranty issues in the future. Hope that helps??

Wheels can be a bit of a minefield but not too bad for you as you don’t own a T32.
Firstly, have a read of this thread, there’s lots of useful advice in it that will hopefully set you off in the right direction. :thumbsup:

Awesome, thanks both. I’ll check out the thread and those Supermetal Tridents look really cool. Do You know if they only do them in 20”, in case I choose to go a touch smaller?

Tridents are only available in 20s. There are other similar looking wheels as 18s. Wolfrace Munich. Calibe also do one.

Wheels can be a bit of a minefield but not too bad for you as you don’t own a T32.
Firstly, have a read of this thread, there’s lots of useful advice in it that will hopefully set you off in the right direction. :thumbsup:

What’s the score with wheels for the T32 then? I’ve just bought one and have a mate with some Bentley alloys that he’s selling. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

It’s the weight loading of the wheels, and the availability of tyres

With those tyres on, your speedo will be about 4mph out at 70mph. Load rating on the tyre is plenty. You’ll need to check the load rating of the wheels.

5 x 112 offset 41 aspect 35 9 x19 57.1 Centre Bore
So this is the information from the wheels, it doesn’t mean anything to me??

They won’t fit. You need 5x120. And that still doesn’t give you the load rating. That should be on the inside of the wheel

Is 5/120 standard, Mark (or anyone else). Found a set of alloys I like but trying to confirm the PCD. Got factory standard 16s on at the mo. and don’t want to buy the wrong PCD. Obvs 5, but 5/? The alloys I’m interested in come in 5/120, 5/118 and 5/114.3. Don’t want to make any assumptions. Cheers.

Back