Locking issue [Resolved]

RalphyM

Hi All,

We’ve got a 2018 T6 shuttle which has developed an annoying (a mild understatement) issue.

Basically, you lock the van either via the fob or via the key and after a few minutes to a couple of hours it goes mad and unlocks and locks itself repeatedly. The windows usually end up down as well. It’s doesn’t matter if the key is nearby or miles away. I have no idea where to start on this and VW say the earliest I can get it looked at is the 19th September! This is obviously rubbish as it means the van is unusable (can’t leave it unattended).

Any suggestions on what might be the issue or someone near Basingstoke that can try and diagnose/fix it?” sooner?

Many thanks!

Hi All,

We’ve got a 2018 T6 shuttle which has developed an annoying (a mild understatement) issue.

Basically, you lock the van either via the fob or via the key and after a few minutes to a couple of hours it goes mad and unlocks and locks itself repeatedly. The windows usually end up down as well. It’s doesn’t matter if the key is nearby or miles away. I have no idea where to start on this and VW say the earliest I can get it looked at is the 19th September! This is obviously rubbish as it means the van is unusable (can’t leave it unattended).

Any suggestions on what might be the issue or someone near Basingstoke that can try and diagnose/fix it?” sooner?

Many thanks!
More concerning is the fact that it won’t be insured if it’s not locked when unattended.
If you have extended warranty then you should be able to get a courtesy van.

This is normally caused by you sitting on the key. Or pressing it in your pocket.

Or a fault key fob where the buttons are knackered, and are makeing contact when they shouldn't.

You need to press and hold the unlock button for that feature.

And press and hold the lock button for the reverse. (Comfort close and lock)

So first thing to do is to try and remove all the batterys from your keyfobs for 24hrs to see it it's still doing it.

If it stops then get a new keyfob.

If it still doing it.... Try a BCM reset....

If it's still doing it after that you will need it looking at .... Possible water ingress or corrosion. On or around switches or BCM.

Eg water ingress on door panel window/lock switches.

Thought I’d just add closure to this. It turned out that it was the key at fault. I replaced the battery in the key and it drained in 2 weeks.

There has been a few other issues but upshot was 2 brand new keys from VW at extortionate prices but at least everything working as it should.

Reactions: mmi
Back