Live headlight feed, where do I find it?

Texxaco

T6 T32 204 DSG on SoLow 3H Air remapped to 257PS
VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Legend
I am looking to install an LED light to come on with my automatic headlights but not sure where I should get the feed for this.

The LED light is 12V, can anyone help with the best solution?

Thank you for any help offered.

I am looking to install an LED light to come on with my automatic headlights but not sure where I should get the feed for this.

The LED light is 12V, can anyone help with the best solution?

Thank you for any help offered.
Post #8 & 9 may help?

A bit late but for anyone in the future reading this, the T6 LED's you can get a high beam signal from wiring harness from the headlight. You can get the feed from the white wire/pin 11. When you pull the connector from the headlight, there's numbers imprinted on the connector to identify the pins. I heard from an aux light installer that you can use a normal light relay, however I used a XBB relay that you wrap around the wire that senses the power within the wire without breaking the insulation on it.
What is a normal light relay, can I hardware the LED rope directly into the white wire/pin 11?

Not the best with electrics

@Texxaco - what have you got? trying to connect?

post the spec and some pics of what you have and well have a look.

@Texxaco - what have you got? trying to connect?

post the spec and some pics of what you have and well have a look.
Hey Lee I am trying to install a12v LED rope to see how it looks as a part of the dash. Not certain it will work but need to try it to be certain. See image.

A6152663-F751-4E17-92B5-91C92EEE25C8.jpeg

Why do you want to connect it to the head lights? Say it would be better, and easier to connect it to the instrument lighting. Grey/blue wire behind any illuminated switch.

have a look over here for some background:

the circuit is PWM controlled for brightness. . .

Why do you want to connect it to the head lights? Say it would be better, and easier to connect it to the instrument lighting. Grey/blue wire behind any illuminated switch.
That would do @Deaky. Didn’t think that would work.

You guys bloody amaze me with your knowledge.

Back