Limp mode and VW Assist (AA)

Andpopse

T6 Guru
My Van lost power and coil amber dash light appeared. Then in heavy traffic and low speed the brakes slammed on. Thankfully I didn’t get hit from behind !!
Anyway VW assist aka AA arrived and cleared fault codes then followed me the short distance (3 miles) home.
I have the Van transported to a dealer, who said there is nothing wrong ?? They have no fault codes to read as AA corrected them. They won’t act on the screen shot of the AA codes I had. It has to be VW’s system only, not third party.
So collect Van and then 5 miles later limp mode and coil light again. So turned around and managed to nurse it back.
We will see what happens !!!
What a stupid system

@Andpopse , I had this a few months back and called up VW Assist (If you specify a 'Silver' van it will be VW trained Techy with more knowledge and tech)...she quickly diagnosed a software update and hasn't been any bother since. Good luck.

So to follow up, not had the Van since 17th April and the VW Van centre had to take it out several times to ‘get it to fault’ in their presence. It finally did and they diagnosed a new throttle assy. Which of course is not in stock. Fingers crossed I’ll get it back mid next week.
I so hope I don’t get the ‘coil of Death’ light on again

Back