Lighter Version Of Exploria Kombi Bed

Ian_T6

T6 Pro
Does anyone know of a lighter version of the Exploria Kombi Bed?

I love the format / design of it, but it’s a bit heavy for me to get in and out of the van as often as I might need to - on my own.

I must caveat this by saying I’ve only read, and heard, great things about the Exploria bed, so it’s not a criticism, just might not be as convenient for my particular situation.

Thanks... Ian

Does anyone know of a lighter version of the Exploria Kombi Bed?

I love the format / design of it, but it’s a bit heavy for me to get in and out of the van as often as I might need to - on my own.

I must caveat this by saying I’ve only read, and heard, great things about the Exploria bed, so it’s not a criticism, just might not be as convenient for my particular situation.

Thanks... Ian
I have one of these, and had the full intention of storing it in the garage when not camping. Trust me when I say it is impossible to move on your own. You’ll either damage the van, the bed, or rupture yourself. Hence mine stays in the van the whole blinking time!

I have one of these, and had the full intention of storing it in the garage when not camping. Trust me when I say it is impossible to move on your own. You’ll either damage the van, the bed, or rupture yourself. Hence mine stays in the van the whole blinking time!

Thanks for the confirmation Davey... I’d heard it was impossible to move on your own, but nice to have a second opinion on that too!

I originally wanted the Exploria bed but had the same doubts as you so ended up buying this. £99-00-bed-that-fits-a-swb-kombi-perfectly.8796
Haven't slept in it yet but others who have one say its very comfortable. Its lightweight and I leave it in most of the time as it serves as a rear parcel shelf to hide what's in the back of the van.

I originally wanted the Exploria bed but had the same doubts as you so ended up buying this. £99-00-bed-that-fits-a-swb-kombi-perfectly.8796
Haven't slept in it yet but others who have one say its very comfortable. Its lightweight and I leave it in most of the time as it serves as a rear parcel shelf to hide what's in the back of the van.

That’s exactly what I have in mine at the moment, but I’m a little hefty at 16st and there’s a bit of a sag, not surprising really :) It’s a great wee bed, I love the size and the fact it’s an extra seat during the day, but I need something a little more substantial - or rather the other half does - she’s fed up rolling into me :)

That’s exactly what I have in mine at the moment, but I’m a little hefty at 16st and there’s a bit of a sag, not surprising really :) It’s a great wee bed, I love the size and the fact it’s an extra seat during the day, but I need something a little more substantial - or rather the other half does - she’s fed up rolling into me :)
Hi Ian_T6 just wondered if you found anything more substantial?

I ended up making my own platform, which was great, really easy to build and very easy to take in and out. We used it for about 18 months with no issues but eventually we replaced it for a Seatpod from slidepods - so that we had a bench seat during the day.

Pictures of the platform I made are here:
Thanks very much - your platform looks great. Shame I missed you selling it - I'm in Watford atm.

Back