Light switch help

Chris Joyce

T6 Pro
A bit of electrical help if possible please.

I have five led lights in the van, I would like to put a simple rocker switch in the b pillar near the sliding door to turn them on/off, I also have a cbe dimmer switch in the kitchen are which I’d like to use to dim them and turn them on/off.

Is this possible?

and if so which is the best way to connect them up?

thanks in advance.

A bit of electrical help if possible please.

I have five led lights in the van, I would like to put a simple rocker switch in the b pillar near the sliding door to turn them on/off, I also have a cbe dimmer switch in the kitchen are which I’d like to use to dim them and turn them on/off.

Is this possible?

and if so which is the best way to connect them up?

thanks in advance.
Are they to run from a leisure battery or your existing courtesy light circuit?

You could connect both switches to the lights in parallel. just bare in mind that if you turn the lights on with the switch you won’t be able to dim them or switch them off with the dimmer. Similarly if you turn them on with the dimmer you won’t be able to turn them off with the switch.

@Deaky I've had a play with a circuit diagram creator. I am not entirely sure how the Pos, Neg and Load connections of the dimmer are supposed to be connected but would this work?.....(I couldn't find a proper DPDT relay diagram).
Screen Shot 2020-07-02 at 23.44.24 copy.jpg

Last edited:
In theory yes, but because the courtesy circuit is dimmed it might cause the relay coil to chatter. Someone posted a solution using a arduino relay board that should solve the problem

In theory yes, but because the courtesy circuit is dimmed it might cause the relay coil to chatter. Someone posted a solution using a arduino relay board that should solve the problem
Yes, I do remember seeing that. Cheers.

Back