Lidl Kayak

Agreed, the Canals and River Trust Website I linked for info, to give you an example of places charging fees, is a bit messy but I thought the "British" Canoe one I linked was quite well laid out?

Page to sign up from:-
Join Us Here | Four Flexible Options (£45 per year which includes your insurance)

Link to list of navigations covered:-
Licensing

For info; I'm not a member of, or associated with, either organisation.
Thanks, I’d read those links, it wasn’t clear where I could go and reading further I don’t see the point in joining as I don’t think I’d ever go to any of the waterways they cover. Bit like how I’m a member of C&M and C&C club, but never end up using any of their sites :rolleyes: Thanks for the suggestions though :thumbsup:

Andy's
Get yourself over to the rental shack on Bala Lake, Wales. Great to try before you buy. They supply e everything from wetsuits to all sorts of water craft.
I like this idea. Would have to be an inflatable I end up with though, needs to fit in a smallish space in the van.

Thanks, I’d read those links, it wasn’t clear where I could go and reading further I don’t see the point in joining as I don’t think I’d ever go to any of the waterways they cover. Bit like how I’m a member of C&M and C&C club, but never end up using any of their sites :rolleyes: Thanks for the suggestions though :thumbsup:
Know what you mean - I am a member of both of them as well but, so far this year, have only used 2 C&M sites and have a booking in a few weeks at a C&C - still, the magazines are a good read.

Re. inflatable Kayaks - be careful; when I finished work 4 years ago I decided I wanted to get one so I started looking at a Seylor, then saw that Hobie did one, then saw they had mirage drives, then saw you could get an outrigger, then saw you could get a sail, etc., then forgot inflatables altogether and ended up buying one of these:- 2018 Hobie Tandem Island :)

What is it out of interest? Looks like a high end one. If I like it I'll spend a good few hundred quid to get a better one that suits me, but for now I'm going to try this one. Turns out I hadn't put one of the valves in right and it seems to be holding up fine on the second attempt.
It’s an Advanced Elements convertible. It can be used as a two or one man kayak.

Know what you mean - I am a member of both of them as well but, so far this year, have only used 2 C&M sites and have a booking in a few weeks at a C&C - still, the magazines are a good read.

Re. inflatable Kayaks - be careful; when I finished work 4 years ago I decided I wanted to get one so I started looking at a Seylor, then saw that Hobie did one, then saw they had mirage drives, then saw you could get an outrigger, then saw you could get a sail, etc., then forgot inflatables altogether and ended up buying one of these:- 2018 Hobie Tandem Island :)
:eek::eek: And I’m dithering over £400!

Last edited:
I've had a sevylor Hudson 2+1 for a couple of years,ummed and aahed at the £350 price tag but decathlon had a sale and got one for £250 (no pump or paddles included though) only use it a couple of times a year but its good fun and my daughters love it.i usually go to park foot campsite on ulswater a couple of times a year and they have a launch point in their lower field at no extra charge.hoping to one day get my wife to drop me off at the far end of the lake and spend a day paddling the full length (7 miles ish) but can"t find a "first mate" up for the challenge :D

I've had a sevylor Hudson 2+1 for a couple of years,ummed and aahed at the £350 price tag but decathlon had a sale and got one for £250 (no pump or paddles included though) only use it a couple of times a year but its good fun and my daughters love it.i usually go to park foot campsite on ulswater a couple of times a year and they have a launch point in their lower field at no extra charge.hoping to one day get my wife to drop me off at the far end of the lake and spend a day paddling the full length (7 miles ish) but can"t find a "first mate" up for the challenge :D
We were camped next door last week at Waterside House Farm - good luck with doing the full length - we got about half way towards Glenridding sailing but then the wind packed up an had to peddle back - long way with 3 of us, and 2 dogs in a boat weighing 90kgs

Can you take it to the sailing club place in Barton? They might let you have a go with it on their lake just to test it out? Worth an email maybe??

Bought and sold Sevylor kayaks on eBay, a cpl yrs back - can strongly recommend if you decide to upgrade - search the Ranger or Tahiti models - top notch for 150-200 quid.
Sevylor's website used to brag that Cubans used to paddle to Florida in their kayaks!

Bought and sold Sevylor kayaks on eBay, a cpl yrs back - can strongly recommend if you decide to upgrade - search the Ranger or Tahiti models - top notch for 150-200 quid.
Sevylor's website used to brag that Cubans used to paddle to Florida in their kayaks!
Thanks for the tip but I think now I know that I'm very unlikely to upgrade. I’ve spent 4 days using it several times a day, and it's been great fun, but not enough that I'd ever use it more than once a year on a sunny beach, so spending £40 has saved me hundreds. I'll dig it out this time next year, and in the meantime turn my attention to something else. Thanks for all the advice folks :thumbsup:

Back