Lets say... (diesel gate 2.0)

SofaKing

T6 Guru
lets say I have a byers contract with a vw dealer which states NOx emission value for my vehicle. All fine, until I discover that the real NOx emission are 45% higher (stated from the factory document for the car -EG - Übereinstimmungsbescheinigung).

Hypotetically I already contacted the dealer in january, and they would say its a mistake and shit happens and will stop respond numerous emails from me...

What would you do?

Two things I guess, one is you would need to prove actual emissions and give them a chance to fix it or compensate you, second you need to be prepared to take legal action, expensive and long winded.
Look at is this way, thousands of emission scandal affected VW owners in the U.K. still have had no compensation at all (me included), I doubt you would get far on your own.

when someone buy something on false and misleading information, have they no rights?

NOx values are already verified from VW factory test. Problem is when they are 45% higher than what the dealer stated in sales information and buyers contract...

Hypothetically, I wouldn't bother because it's a load of hassle as the case is proven and individual claims will not be entertained as they have all the details of those with vehicles subject to the judgement. Whether there is a UK compensation deal or offer, I am unaware. However, if you bought a vehicle after the judgement then you have knowingly purchased it with its emissions issue and are unlikely to be compensated if there is a package.

Im not reffering to diesel gate 1. Its about the new euro6, where sales information deviates from the specific certificate as following the T6. I'm not to happy to just swallow any sales info and then later find out it is bogus...

So you are saying that when you bought the car, the dealer told you that your car has this amount of NOx, but on official COC from factory later tells you that it has higer NOx?
Two logical things come to my mind - dealer has made a mistake and/or you have different engine/gearbox/drivetrain configuration that was mentioned in the first place.

So you are saying that when you bought the car, the dealer told you that your car has this amount of NOx, but on official COC from factory later tells you that it has higer NOx?
Two logical things come to my mind - dealer has made a mistake and/or you have different engine/gearbox/drivetrain configuration that was mentioned in the first place.
Thats correct. Dealer say they made a mistake in the enission values given in the sales brochure, price list and also in my contract. They just say sorry about that...

And had you known the true NOx values, would you have chosen a different vehicle? There is a clause that states that VW can alter and amend specifications as they please, and you have no comeback. They delivered loads of highlines in 2014 with no cruise control and anyone who complained got a bolt on aftermarket unit that looked like it came out of a christmas cracker. VW will not care one iota

And you were buying a vehicle based purely on its NOx value??

Diesel cars are already banned at days with high NOx concentration where I live. We now know that NOx is very hazardous and Euro7 will put even more strict requirements for NOx emission. However, few alternatives are available for a large family (Tesla X is a joke). I was "forced" to select a petrol or diesel van. My vehicle is in the price range 95.000 pounds (not kidding you). I did some research before buying and I had to select between a petrol or diesel version. One important point for me was to find the vehicle with lowest possible emissions. (I know this might seem hysterical, but trust me; this will have much more focus in the future. The emission values for the diesel version, given in the sales information and contract for VW-authorised dealer, outperformed the petrol values. It was therefore an easy choice for me. The incorrect information was a motivator for my purchase. However, I have not much alternatives. I can of course get rid of the T6 and have an old T5 in the meantime, waiting for the electric T7 (or whatever will come due to stricter emission future rules).

I will probably not take any legal actions, not worth the hassle. But I'm really surprised that VW still after they've just been taken with their pants down cheating with the NOx emissions, don't have extra focus on giving out correct information in their sales material and contracts.

If I have a buyers contract that says the car has 150HP and what I got was a 100HP and VW dealer say the made a writing fault in the contract, would I just have to accept it?

Yes. VW really do not care if what they sell you isn't as described. They are true artists at weaseling their way out of situations like yours.

If you have a specific contract that makes the emissions figures an intrinsic part of the deal, then you have a case. Given the choice, I would have petrol over any diesel post Euro 3. How long will you keep your vehicle for? T7 will probably be offered as a hybrid. It will be absurdly expensive.

DPF is not fit for purpose and it looks like Adblue based systems are flakey. It hasn't helped that VW have sourced the cheapest of the cheap in order to make money to pay fines.

Whats really anoying me is that i initially wanted the petrol but in the end went for the diesel as NOx was lower than for the petrol.

Well, Im a sucker for believing the dealer

Nobody ever gets the published mpg figures either. Each vehicle differs etc.
All you can do is express your disappointment and then never buy a VW group product ever again. Until they mend their ways

It may very well be only me over-reacting. It still is within the limit given in the Euro6 requirements. Also I do not want a vehicle with less safety equipment or larger emissions. Its only to bad the government here also ban euro6 cars when the diesel ban was put earlier. Crossing finger for that to be changed, but thats another story I guess.

Having said that, I love this vehicle and it may seem I have to stick with it for some time...

Back