Leisure Battery

Wok134

Hi All,

Looking to upgrade my leisure battery. Can anyone recommend the Advanced Battery Supplies 120Ah AGM over the Alpha 110Ah AGM?

The former has a bigger Ah and better warranty (5 years) but I’m struggling to find any reviews.

Cheers

The Xtreme AGM was a very popular choice.

Can be side mounted, fits under the seat etc.

But most people have moved over to Lifepo4 now.

My option would be a 100ah lithium. Which is effectively two 100ah AGMs.

Switching over to Lifepo4 is in my long term plan when I change the layout (U shape). Just looking for something to see us through the next couple of years until the kids have ditched us. We spend the majority of the time on EHU at the moment.

You could get an EcoWorthy Lithium 100Ah for less than £240, which will be twice as good and probably last twice as long.

The EcoWorthy is good value but doesn't have the low temperature charge protection built in so either make sure your charger does or take advantage of the general drop in prices to get a battery with it built in.

Low temperature charging isn't just one of those things that if you ignore it it will take a bit of life off the battery, it can cause serious issues, see here

Agreed.

Imho a lifepo4 should have low temp protection and an app for monitoring..... For a single or twin install.

I think these cheaper cut down feature set batteries are good for building multiple unit battery banks where low temp, charge and capacity metering is done by external units.

I don't think it's a good idea to fit as a single unit.

Back