Leisure Battery vent pipe - grommet location

NP01

Hi Im just in the process of fitting my leisure battery and wiring my lighting etc. I have just read an article ref venting the leisure battery is this something everyone has done as I have not done this in the past?

This is what i have : Leoch SFL-110LL - 12v 110Ah Low Height Sealed Maintenance Free Leisure Battery

literally just for lighting and a usb charger.

Lifepo4 lithium batteries dont need venting.

AGM batteries are classed as sealed, but do have a pressure release valve, that VW Factory fitment had an external vent.

SLA batteries always need venting.

Batteries can gas and cause vapour onder load and when charging.

Hi,
Does anyone have a photo of the exact location of this grommet? Being a complete muppet, I've sound deadened and insulated the whole floor, and now need to find where this is in order to vent a just fitted battery under the drivers seat
Cheers

Hi,
Does anyone have a photo of the exact location of this grommet? Being a complete muppet, I've sound deadened and insulated the whole floor, and now need to find where this is in order to vent a just fitted battery under the drivers seat
Cheers
What battery are you using that needs venting?

It’s an Enduroline 95 AGM (EXV110AGM). It came with a vent pipe, so I presume it must need one?
Threads merged - see this for info:
Lifepo4 lithium batteries dont need venting.

AGM batteries are classed as sealed, but do have a pressure release valve, that VW Factory fitment had an external vent.

SLA batteries always need venting.

Batteries can gas and cause vapour onder load and when charging.
and this for the holes:

Depending on your model, you may find (like my PV) that they’re not used and are vacant.

Sorry for jumping in on this topic but I’ve just purchased an Avon leisure battery 95ah. (L36) and it’s come with a vent pipe. It’s located under the drivers seat and the 2 previous batteries didn’t have the vent pipe. It’s a professional conversion and is charged from a Sargent power unit and also Solar via a Victron mppt. So I am wondering if I do need to use the vent pipe and do others do this or leave it.759B1465-1CD3-4B87-83CC-117F22776B0E.jpeg

Back