Leisure Battery Recommendations

MrT6

T6 Pro
Ok, I've decide to go ahead and install a Smart DC/DC battery charger (probably the Ring RSCDC30 as it's pretty much plug 'n' play and also supports a solar panel connection).

I'm planning to fit the a new leisure battery under either the driver or passenger seat (single)

There seems to be a myriad of battery choices and options, with AGM (Absorbent Glass Mat) type possibly the way to go as they seem to provide the best charge/discharge performance for in-vehicle applications.

Can anyone recommend any suitable batteries? and suppliers?

TIA

We sell a lot of the Xplorer 100 ah AGM, the Leoch 120 is also gaining in popularity amongst those that have space. A lot depends on what your demands will be. travelvolts

I have installed a Bainpower top in my van. As it doesn't hook on to the smart alternator. It hooks straight onto the battery and only draws power when the van battery is being charged.

@MrT6 I would try your local motor factors and look for a 120amp hour battery. I would advise going for a known brand like VARTA and certainly an AGM leisure battery for internal installation.

@Lee doob , the ring, CTEK etc don't hook direct to the alt, they go to battery, and "harvest" excess charge off to the leisure battery, so charging it.. :thumbsup:

Ok, still trying to get some further recommendations for a leisure battery - for general purpose use...some interior lights, phone/tablet charging...maybe the occasional use of a Nespresso m/c (via a suitable invertor)

I believe 100-110ah, AGM is they way to go

It's going under the drivers seat so need to ensure I get one that physically fits (key issue seems to be the height of the battery)

What have you got? Banner? Xplorer? other?

If you go AGM you can lay it on its side so the width will be the deciding factor and most of them will be 175 wide.

Lots of rubbish out there, you get what you pay for.
Bosch & Varta made in the same factory both good, I always use the warranty length as a guide.
The key thing is keeping a good stage of charge in the battery, deep discharge reduces capacity & eventually kills them.

May I expand this post alittle further with my own question.
Would 2 x smaller AGM's (lets say 80ah) be better? More efficent? Etc

Than 1 x 110ah standard lead.

TIA

Yes BUT they need to be identical by type, make & date of manufacture.

Mr Travelvolts might advise, if your minted have a look on the RoadPro website about the Lithium alternative.

The C&C club have a good factsheet on their website on leisure batteries.

Yes BUT they need to be identical by type, make & date of manufacture.

Mr Travelvolts might advise, if your minted have a look on the RoadPro website about the Lithium alternative.

The C&C club have a good factsheet on their website on leisure batteries.

Did have a look at lith, but cant justify that cost..
Will see if @travelvolts is still talking to me after failed purchase..

just took van out of storage and i have no charge in my battery .newby mistake.i have a ctekD250se ,will i need to take battery out to recharge or will it recharge if i leave engine ticking over ??

leisure battery.bought van 6 months ago didnt know much about campers so didn't really ask the right questions about how the electrics were set up.got the battery out today and tested it ,it was dead as a dodo.but the battery was called a solarflex,so not sure if it is ok for use without a solar panel ?charging it now and il try it in van tomoz

It may be fatally damaged if it has been left flat for too long. See how you get on charging it out of the van.

Back