Leisure battery dead

Lee

T6 Pro
So I've got a trip planned at the weekend, had the van on the drive for a couple of days, took it out today and the leisure battery is dead.

No idea why, can only assume I left a light on or something, though there is a solar panel so amazed its run down.

Will it just charge with time, have heard stories that if they go dead then they won't charge again.

Scratch that, just tried again and it works, can only assume I had a numpty moment.

Assuming it's a decent size and was fully charged, I wouldn't expect a light (usually LEDs so very low energy) to discharge your leisure battery over a couple of days, especially as you have a solar panel trickle charging your battery. Did you have anything else on such as a fridge or water pump that is constantly trying to pressurise or something?

Do you know how big the solar panel is - I'm about to get a 100 watt system installed with the expectation that it will keep my fridge permanently without having to use EHU.

The solar panel isn't big at all, ours is a 100 watt one, probably take up 1/8th of the roof.

Plan to use it over the weekend without hookup, we run the fridge off it mainly, charge devices, lights and a 12v kettle. The conversion company I bought it from said they did a long weekend festival in it, it had the fridge on the whole time, with devices charging etc. The weather was bad too.

Sorry, by size I meant wattage. Everything I've been reading suggests that 100w will be sufficient to run my fridge permanently whilst on the drive at home and significantly extend the 2 or 3 days I expect to get without EHU when using other things camping such as water pump, device chargers, lights, etc.

I can report back after the weekend, though the conversion company suggest that it more than did the job on a similar setup to yours, that in poor weather.

Back