Lego, WTF!

So it’s my birthday today. @ 52 you would think I am way too old for Lego, then my wife got me this.

3778 pieces so my daughter and I will be busy the next couple of weeks .

image.jpg

image.jpg

Does anyone modify these kits? Having built the splitty, I thought is would look better as a crew cab pickup, slammed with a serious amount of negative camber. It's since being broken up and turned into many other things. I stupidly never took a photo of it.

I'm not quite sure how these kits sit with me tho'. As a boy, my Dad came home with a big cardboard box full of secondhand bricks. All shapes and sizes. I built all sorts. The things that I remember most were the stadiums that my Subbuteo pitch got laid out in. Do kids still do this?

Does anyone modify these kits? Having built the splitty, I thought is would look better as a crew cab pickup, slammed with a serious amount of negative camber. It's since being broken up and turned into many other things. I stupidly never took a photo of it.

I'm not quite sure how these kits sit with me tho'. As a boy, my Dad came home with a big cardboard box full of secondhand bricks. All shapes and sizes. I built all sorts. The things that I remember most were the stadiums that my Subbuteo pitch got laid out in. Do kids still do this?
Yes, they do. Ours took satisfaction from building as designed, but then would create castles or bridges or crazy vehicles with a mix from my old school bricks to Friends elements.

From what I’ve read the basic brick sets (rather than ‘theme’) are better for inspiring creativity.

With my kids it was pirates versus medieval soldiers!

Happy birthday @Texxaco!

Don’t forget to post a picture when you have built it - my 12 year old son is mad about all things Lego and really would like to see how it turns out!

Technical Lego, the expensive stuff, is far from your run of the mill Lego.

It may seem like child’s play but what Lego does do is destress the mind and help take you away from the mundane life issues.
I'd tend to agree with the destress aspect until my wife and son built the Home Alone house then handed it to me to install the lights kit! I'm a week in, have almost completed downstairs and now wonder if I'll get it done before 2023!
You need the hands of a 4 year old, the dexterity of a surgeon and The Hubble telescope to see where those damn wires connect.
And breathe.....

Back