Led Lights Wiring Support

RockDog

Hi Guys

This is my problem that I really need some help with please?

I am replacing the rear interior light with LED's on a switch. I have removed the existing interior light which has x3 wires. The light itself is a switch - Middle setting light on with doors - right setting light on - left setting light off. I will not be using this light.

I have x4 LED's and a on/off rocker switch. I am having some real issues with light configuration and I have drawn a picture to illustrate what I think????? may be a solution and need some help.

I have a little electrical experience but this is the 1st time with motor electrics. This is such a simple task I think but just having a nightmare. This is my very 1st project.

Any support will be gratefully received.

Thank you
van_wiring_led_lights.jpg

Hi Guys

This is my problem that I really need some help with please?

I am replacing the rear interior light with LED's on a switch. I have removed the existing interior light which has x3 wires. The light itself is a switch - Middle setting light on with doors - right setting light on - left setting light off. I will not be using this light.

I have x4 LED's and a on/off rocker switch. I am having some real issues with light configuration and I have drawn a picture to illustrate what I think????? may be a solution and need some help.

I have a little electrical experience but this is the 1st time with motor electrics. This is such a simple task I think but just having a nightmare. This is my very 1st project.

Any support will be gratefully received.

Thank you
View attachment 43848
Have a quick look over here 》

Led Rear Interior Lights - How I Done It.

There's no need for your ground to go through the switch, connect it direct to the regulator (or both to chassis grounds) . Your switch should have a contact that you connect constant +12v to and another contact which is made or broken by the switch. If the switch doesn't come with the pinouts marked then you will need to test it with a meter. If there are 3 contacts on the switch there is no need to use the 3rd, if it's just an on/off switch you're after, all you're looking to do is connnect the +12v feed of your regulator to the power when it's on, and cut it when it's off.
I'm no sparky and there are several on here that will explain it better than me, but it's just a simple matter of making/breaking that one connection.

***************************************************************************************
Factory Non-LED 3 wire setup:

(brown) - earth point left a-pilar
(brown/red) - connection 1 main harness (BCM switched neg 0v)
(red/black) - positive connection 1 main harness (BCM timed +12v) ( 7.5A fuse 24 holder C)
****************************************************************************************

if you just want the lights on/off then connect the ., ., ., ,.

regulator 12v input to - (red/black) - positive connection 1 main harness (BCM timed +12v) ( 7.5A fuse 24 holder C)

regulator earth to - (brown) - earth point left a-pilar

you can use your own switch to break the circuit to switch off..... note: the black/red is a timed supply.

or take a fused feed from a leisure battery via your switch /. . . .,

or take a separate fused feed from the starter battery via your switch (be cautious of draining the battery flat)

if your not sure then seek some help/advise from a auto electrician or VW T6 converter.

There's no need for your ground to go through the switch, connect it direct to the regulator (or both to chassis grounds) . Your switch should have a contact that you connect constant +12v to and another contact which is made or broken by the switch. If the switch doesn't come with the pinouts marked then you will need to test it with a meter. If there are 3 contacts on the switch there is no need to use the 3rd, if it's just an on/off switch you're after, all you're looking to do is connnect the +12v feed of your regulator to the power when it's on, and cut it when it's off.
I'm no sparky and there are several on here that will explain it better than me, but it's just a simple matter of making/breaking that one connection.

Fantastic thank you :)

***************************************************************************************
Factory Non-LED 3 wire setup:

(brown) - earth point left a-pilar
(brown/red) - connection 1 main harness (BCM switched neg 0v)
(red/black) - positive connection 1 main harness (BCM timed +12v) ( 7.5A fuse 24 holder C)
****************************************************************************************

if you just want the lights on/off then connect the ., ., ., ,.

regulator 12v input to - (red/black) - positive connection 1 main harness (BCM timed +12v) ( 7.5A fuse 24 holder C)

regulator earth to - (brown) - earth point left a-pilar

you can use your own switch to break the circuit to switch off..... note: the black/red is a timed supply.

or take a fused feed from a leisure battery via your switch /. . . .,

or take a separate fused feed from the starter battery via your switch (be cautious of draining the battery flat)

if your not sure then seek some help/advise from a auto electrician or VW T6 converter.

Makes sense thank you very much :)

Back