Leaving the forum.... massive thanks.

snowdrop

Peugeot Boxer
VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi all,
Leaving the forum today, and wanted to say a massive thank you for all the advice and laughs that you’ve given me during my membership.
I had a nice simple t6 van to live with and it taught me that I don't need the trappings of an all singing motorhome. However , I have chopped it in ( good time to do it) for a Peugeot Boxer van conversion that has a fitted toilet and a bit more space.
The conversion is quite basic, fitted units, long beds , no oven or microwave, no hot water system, but a good conversion nevertheless and has heater, cold water system and loo.
looking forward to getting away in it now.
Thanks all for the techy advice along the way.
Things I’ve liked...
Watching others builds come along , been amazed at the skill of some.
Dell massive electrical stuff, really interesting and helpful simplification of complex and important electrical stuff.
The photos! Keep them going.
The spats and banter.
Doubt whether I’ll ever have a ‘swamper’ now but envied others.
Thanks again, take care, stay safe, enjoy the vans!
Snowdrop

53674001-651B-47F3-BE19-DDD199017E5E.jpeg

8623F54A-D800-4665-8CED-14F9E59115CF.jpeg

FDC82870-F1A8-4A86-967D-52CCEA0BB7AF.jpeg

I’m sure many new camper owners will do exactly the same by upsizing when they have used the new camper van after lockdown.
Enjoy

Thanks, to be honest, being on this forum has given me the confidence/ inspiration to do a but of upgrade work myself and so far its going well, still a bit shy of electrics tho but just had a conversation with my lad in Aus who had a tasty 4x 4 and found myself talking about solar, inverters, leisure batteries and chargers as though I ACTUALLY knew what I was talking about!!
Good luck to you to and

Unfortunately I think you are right. It was a hard decision for us , we really loved the van , did some long trips in Spain with it and this will sound weird , but having the t6 made us feel younger!
I miss the comfy driving position but have managed to do a fix on the Peugeot which is good, ( aftermarket lowered seat bases).
on the upside, I guess genuine enthusiasts will be able to upgrade their vans if there are some bargains around later after this madness, we got an okay price for ours, and I did consider a lwb for a while but the price was just too much and we needed a loo and a bit more space....dont ask.
Saw a T6 ‘mockafornia’ going for 62k , phew!
Still look at T6 s going past...
Enjoy yours, thanks again

Reactions: CAB
You might not have a T6 anymore, but you don't need to leave. I'm sure you'll still keep lurking for a while and will be able to pass on some of your gained knowledge to those just starting out. Think of it as a consultancy roll.

Thats a lovely van you have there.
As an ex- T6 owner you're still a valued member, why not stay, if only for the camper and pub sections?

Hi all
Just want to say that I have sold my T6 campervan today and will therefore be saying goodbye to the forum.
Thanks to all for the advice the acceptance of my advice and the friendly banter.
I am not replacing the van I am doing without any sort of vehicle now as I no longer enjoy driving it's become a stressful chore to me.
Good luck to all

Hi all
Just want to say that I have sold my T6 campervan today and will therefore be saying goodbye to the forum.
Thanks to all for the advice the acceptance of my advice and the friendly banter.
I am not replacing the van I am doing without any sort of vehicle now as I no longer enjoy driving it's become a stressful chore to me.
Good luck to all
Best wishes - stay for the entertainment alone!!!

Back