lease to buy

Nicklyes

Hi I’m looking at fitting out my own Campervan and adding extras to the van itself
not a mechanic but carpenter and joiner
question 1 what model is best to get to start with looking to put it through my business lease to buy want new
question 2 what spec do you get basic and upgrade your wheels and interior ect
cheers for your help in advance

Thats quite a difficult question to answer Nick as people have different requirements...

For a camper probably T30 150bhp would sit in the middle and be most peoples choice....

If you want air con then i think that only comes with the highline spec... but i might be wrong...

thanks very much for your reply i mean what model Transporter or Caravelle or different The spec i would go in the middle range i think

If you're going for a full camper, then you probably won't want two side sliding doors... i think the caravelles mainly all have two side doors...

if you go for the highline you will get colour coded bumpers, heated screen and mirrors and aircon. ours has the rear parking sensors which was really the basics we wanted to start the conversion with. we have since added reversing camera, pioneer head unit with satnav and a whole list of stuff i didnt know i needed

If you're going for a full camper, then you probably won't want two side sliding doors... i think the caravelles mainly all have two side doors...
I am kicking myself for not specifying twin slider on mine, they would only open on to the rear seat either side as all the doings is at the rear- shower/toilet/kitchen.

Reactions: CAB
I’d go for the best spec you can afford. Or at least try and include some of the expensive bits that cost a fortune to add later. It’s personal though..

Personally I’d go highline, LED lights (the others are garbage), DSG, heated seats, tailgate. Like with all of these vans there has to be a compromise. Good luck :D The edition model is quite a good starting point, you get a good few extras.

Hi I’m looking at fitting out my own Campervan and adding extras to the van itself
not a mechanic but carpenter and joiner
question 1 what model is best to get to start with looking to put it through my business lease to buy want new
question 2 what spec do you get basic and upgrade your wheels and interior ect
cheers for your help in advance
As has been said - hard to answer because your requirements may be different from others. However 2 things that are hard to retrofit once you’ve bought the vehicle - aircon and a rear tailgate as against barn doors. I wasn’t too fused about the rest of the spec as long as it had aircon & a tailgate. Next I went for the newest, lowest mileage I could afford as a) I want to keep it a while b) the cost of your modifications will be the same if you’re putting them in to an old van or a newer one so for my money - convert a new one!

I’d go for the best spec you can afford. Or at least try and include some of the expensive bits that cost a fortune to add later. It’s personal though..

Personally I’d go highline, LED lights (the others are garbage), DSG, heated seats, tailgate. Like with all of these vans there has to be a compromise. Good luck :D The edition model is quite a good starting point, you get a good few extras.
The only exception to your headlight point is that all Shuttles, regardless of spec, come with good headlights

OP asked what Model for camper conversion. To me if your fully converting yourself then just get a one with your essentials or “wants” then add the rest. Again it’s a personal choice. Without a bit more detail all we can do is suggest.

With those carpentry skills personally I’d build one from a kombi or less.

As you said tailgate is a big one.

Can twin seats be converted to a single swivel plus get the drivers seat to swivel And
who’s best to bet leather seats from and rock and roll seats to match

swapped my bench for a single captains from ebay seller in Poland. seat was in near new condition and arrived quickly
both drivers and passengers are on Rib swivels

Back