Leak from sliding door rail COVER.

RobFlynn

VIP Member
T6 Pro
I've discovered a leak on N/S/R quarter and traced it back to the holes that the sliding door rail cover secure into. The push fit plastic clips aren't making a water tight fit. Is this common? What is the fix? Hopefully quick and cheap!

I’m in the midst of deadening and insulating so really glad I found this now but also can’t have this hold me up too much.

door_rail_trim_clips.JPG

Last edited:
They usually have a little rubber seal/washer on the outside that stops the water.

They can and do leak even though they have a seal on them. Silicone them ahead of putting your insulation in. Also seal around the rubber bung on the end of the sliding door rail, assuming you don't have motorised doors. These leak, seen a converter say they do this on brand new vans as they can leak pretty much from new.

Cheers Sam. Well mine either doesn’t have them or the seals are crap. Seems a terrible design.

They can and do leak even though they have a seal on them. Silicone them ahead of putting your insulation in. Also seal around the rubber bung on the end of the sliding door rail, assuming you don't have motorised doors. These leak, seen a converter say they do this on brand new vans as they can leak pretty much from new.
Thanks

Back