Kombi To Caravelle

John66809

T6 Pro
Hi folks.....Having dark thoughts about changing my T32 150 DSG Kombi for a 1 or 2 year old Caravelle. On the premise I cannot take it with me when I fall off my perch in any case!
My question is this...Is it worth the upgrade in terms of comfort and refinement? How will it retain value compared to the Kombi? They seem to be sought after, as indeed are all Transporters in any case.

I am just doing that now. VW have stock of brand new t6 caravelle execs with what I think are good discounts. I am paying less for a brand new van than a used version.

We have a T6 Carravelle exec and love driving it, its just like a big car and very quiet. I looked at buying a Kombi but after sound deadening and other upgrades to make it more refined the cost was more than a used Caravelle and they seem to hold the value as some people wont pay the full value of all the upgrades fitted to a Kombi when you come to sell it. I would be tempted by a LWB kombi next time though as we do a lot of cyclo cross and lugging lots of bikes and equipment around can get a bit tight in a SWB. I also have a set of middle row seats and a table to constantly hide around the house as we have them out all of the time. Love the Caravelle though, we do lots of miles through France each year to the Alps and its a great trip in comfort.

Yes although the vehicles could be at another dealers, at port or still in Germany.
They seemed to be mainly black or indium grey.
Obviously no choice to add options other than what they were built with.

Good to know. I'll get in touch to see what they've got coming in. Also, what @MattT6 said sums it up pretty well. Caravelle is a luxury people carrier with ability to convert to a van if required and will hold its value as its OEM refined.

I got my Caravelle for the same reasons as MattT6.

I wanted a Kombi, swayed my a fella I know who has a really nice one from Raceline. The thing is that cost him over £55k. All said and done, when he comes to move it on, it will still be a van.

As for holding their money, I did consider a 2012 Ed25. That had done 77k miles and was up for £25k. It sold pretty quickly too.

Back