Kombi Nation Bed

MikeT6

Team Candy White
VIP Member
T6 Pro
Evening All,

I’ve just got to the point in my conversion whereby the interior is pretty much there except for the bed / kitchen......

As I’ll not be in a position to purchase those this side of the summer, I’ve considered installing a Kombi Nation frame so as to be able to do some nights away with the kids in the pop-top......

Has anyone fitted one and if so what are your thoughts on fitment and practicality please?

I’m thinking of getting the frame kit and cutting the wood myself...... what mattress would anyone recommend?

Thanks
A736017E-AEA0-4069-B36D-56D6BD098FA5.jpeg

Last edited:
Hi Mike,
I'm in a similar position. I've opted for a ply bed that runs length-ways and then you pull out full width. I thought this would be best if i want to get my bike in the back. I've seen a few folk that build them on ebay. It looks fairly straight-forward but i can't cut wood straight so not a job for me!
cheers,
Lewis

kombi bed.jpg

Hi Mike,
I'm in a similar position. I've opted for a ply bed that runs length-ways and then you pull out full width. I thought this would be best if i want to get my bike in the back. I've seen a few folk that build them on ebay. It looks fairly straight-forward but i can't cut wood straight so not a job for me!
cheers,
Lewis

View attachment 106646
This expanding bench idea is great for cyclists etc. It gives a bench that you can sit on to get changed, and store stuff under. Then half the van is free for the bike(s). Remove/tilt the single rear seat and there's plenty room. The bench is the same height as the seats when folded and then chuck an inflatable mattress over the top.
Rather than a slider, I built mine with a hinge down the centre, so the bench had a sloping backrest, which became the leg/support once flipped over as a bed. Cost about £60 to make.

Hi Mike,
cheers,
Lewis

View attachment 106646
That looks great , can I ask where you got it from ? Looking for similar . I want to put Nike in back and have a removable bed . Thanks

That looks great , can I ask where you got it from ? Looking for similar . I want to put Nike in back and have a removable bed . Thanks
I got it from a carpenter in Cardiff that’s now
Leaving the country. I think his company was art in wood. There are similar on eBay. I wanted a full width one though.

@MikeT6 Did you get the Kombination bed? Just looking at one on eBay. Wondered what it was like.

It’s a spam mattress

If I can resurrect this thread.

I’ve fitted a Kombi-Nation bed today to my van. I can highly recommend this company Gaz(the owner) is a extremely friendly and helpful guy who also owns a T6 himself. Also the quality is brilliant F5857569-3EE2-4D1F-AFE3-08BFAAAF92C2.jpeg9105049B-DB1C-4AB7-B6E2-DE7CACA6B67D.jpegC9D5350A-12A3-4345-90D6-54061B077831.jpeg

Reactions: CAB
Hi deaky, do you mean a fake link? Or a fake company
Thanks
It was an automated robot that scours the internet for mentions of bed or mattress in this example, then creates an account and posts a reply linking to an item it's selling. Said item is not fake in this case, just the advert was created by a spam account.

Back