Kombi insurance

Ticsmon

VIP Member
What are people paying for kombi insurance? No mods to the van. Cheapest quote is £550 so far

I paid around £175 for my kombi before it was converted...Aviva multi policy, fully comp protected NCD ...depends on you circumstance.

What are people paying for kombi insurance? No mods to the van. Cheapest quote is £550 so far
That seems pretty expensive, but it’s hard to compare as everyone’s circumstances and details are different,

Have you tried A plan? If you’re planning to modify the van at a later date, they are good at covering mods without huge premium increases.

I’m in no way affiliated with them, but I know several people who use them and have been positive about pricing and their approach to mods, especially the Thatcham branch.

That seems pretty expensive, but it’s hard to compare as everyone’s circumstances and details are different,

Have you tried A plan? If you’re planning to modify the van at a later date, they are good at covering mods without huge premium increases.

I’m in no way affiliated with them, but I know several people who use them and have been positive about pricing and their approach to mods, especially the Thatcham branch.
Yup ,thats who i'm with now as Aviva went touch converted vans. Cant recommend A-plan enough...sorry should of said this in my previous post lol. :thumbsup:

That is with A plan. First van, no points, no convictions, no claims, 40 years old and only 5000 miles a year as I’m still using the car to commute

I had my panel Van converted to kombi , lowered , mapped - insured by Aviv's no probs .
Just declared windows , seats etc as seperate mods .

If you're near to the renewal date for your car you could use your NCB on the van, the car could be cheaper with no NCB. In that case insure the van for now and cancel, I know is a mess about but money saved is money saved.

I went with Aviva, was getting wild quotes until contacting them... Kombi with declared sportline kit & alloys. They allowed the use of 4yrs NCB from a company car also. Business use included as no extra cost - £314 for myself & partner

A-Plan. Agreed valuation of my T5 @ £35k.
Lowered suspension, uprated headlights, decals, and then all teh fit out for a day/camper van. 11 yers NCD 10,000 miles business use.
£398 Good service as well - the agreed valuation was very easy.

I went through multi vehicle with Admiral. Three cars and a van made it very reasonable. Will report later how they are with mods in a month or so.

I came here to ask the same question. 2016 VW Kombi T6. I have just spoken to A Plan - very helpful. I was quoted £540PA with full NCD, 10000 annual miles (including 500 business miles), covering a vehicle estimated value of £46000 completed. Almost unlimited possibilities for mods, just update them as you go. It seems my quote is fairly typical.

A year after order my t6.1 4mo lwb Kombi delivered yesterday, 17yrs ncb locked carport £1228.00 comprehensive PE post code need to ring round a flux modified at mo. What y all think

Can I ask who you are insured with? Mine went silly when I got agreed replacement value of 57k (which is what it cost)

Back