Kombi Bulkhead Fixing

RussGT6

T6 Guru
Can someone with a Kombi bulkhead show me how you have fixed it in place?
I have managed to pick one up as a impulsive purchase but now looking at it I dont really want to start self tapping into metalwork, ceiling panels and kombi floor to fix it in place, any other clever way of fixing that means it can be easily removed with minimal damage?

They are a very tight fit.
I have bought 2 over the years. The 2nd one I didn't screw it in as it was such a tight fit. Obviously the 2nd row of seats were always in place
which would have taken most of the velocity of any flying objects away if I was in an accident.

The one I have is an aftermarket one (made by cargo shield) and doesn't seem a tight fit so will need fixing in place.

I only use 2 fixings at the top of the bulkhead on the C pillar. Drilled 2 holes, one either side, used a rivnut and thumb screws to hold bulkhead in place. Doesn't move at all and can be removed in seconds.

I only use 2 fixings at the top of the bulkhead on the C pillar. Drilled 2 holes, one either side, used a rivnut and thumb screws to hold bulkhead in place. Doesn't move at all and can be removed in seconds.
Ok great cheers have a look at rivnuts, good idea.

Did you need to cut any of the bulhead down to remove it easily? This looks like a brilliant idea. Just what I was looking for...

I presume that is a plastic one?

No cutting, plastic bulkhead on standard cab with carpet, only 2 holes needed in C pillar to fit rivnuts into.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply.
So is it really easy to remove for one person? Which way do you remove it? Backwards or forwards. I.e do the seats need to come out to remove it?

This is good news. Saves me having to cut plywood and mess about. Also it protects the seat belts which is what I want
Don't wont tool damaging them

Thanks for the reply.
So is it really easy to remove for one person? Which way do you remove it? Backwards or forwards. I.e do the seats need to come out to remove it?
Just undo 2 bolts, tilt it back, turn it at an angle and pull out the back door.

Back