Kombi bed options

Hi T6downsouth, I have not got my van yet but we are looking for a Kombi bed similar to the one in your pictures. Is this your van ? if so where did you get it from please

I've gone with the forty winks bed by advanced designs ltd, search for it on Facebook.

It eats slightly into the load space but retains the right amount for me.

Also provides split level storage when not in use.

Hi T6downsouth, I have not got my van yet but we are looking for a Kombi bed similar to the one in your pictures. Is this your van ? if so where did you get it from please
No this is not my van. I just Loki g at a bed for mr swb van that still retains storage in the boot area.

I've gone with the forty winks bed by advanced designs ltd, search for it on Facebook.

It eats slightly into the load space but retains the right amount for me.

Also provides split level storage when not in use.
Hi Chris. Thanks for the recommendation. Can the bed be easily removed and stored when it’s not camping time?

I'm getting mine on Thursday so can only go on what I've seen but it looks like 6 bolts.
Supposed to be easier to handle than the exploria one.

@Buggirl can probably confirm

Hi there OP,

i havent bought an official one, but i designed one that was very similar and made it myself (then i found their page and their design..!)..would have saved me designing it...!

anyways, its fine but im replacing it with another design - this time one that slides out from the back (we have a lwb) to create 180cm long full width bed. Currently still on the 3D stage - drawings are in process then i'll assemble it.

will give us more storage as we'll have a shelf too which we dont with the amdro style bed.

IMG_2159.JPG
Here is what it looks like . Hi folks the forty winks bed is level with the rear seats when they are folded forward so you have that much height and space.

Really recommend it. All my camping equipment fits under it. So much more room than in my t5 under the rock and roll bed! Plus it folds in half on itself on hinges and unbolts easily for complete removal, but having watched the guys fit mine, it's a two person job and has to be put in and removed at an angle. I use my van as a van also, but not had to remove it fully as there is so much space!

View attachment 13789
Here is what it looks like . Hi folks the forty winks bed is level with the rear seats when they are folded forward so you have that much height and space.
Jeez, @Buggirl, installing a kombi bed for the dog is going a bit far isn't it? I make mine sleep in the space under the bed (and tether him there so that he can't scrabble under the rear seat and make his way to one of the front chairs in the middle of the night).

Jeez, @Buggirl, installing a kombi bed for the dog is going a bit far isn't it? I make mine sleep in the space under the bed (and tether him there so that he can't scrabble under the rear seat and make his way to one of the front chairs in the middle of the night).
Looks like a Pointer to me, they like a bed!

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone got the Amdro Triple Bench Kombi Bed as listed by the OP? VW transporter triple Kombi Bed

I'm seriously considering one of these - primarily as it looks like a really versatile option and it doesn't compromise the load space in any way...bikes, boards, garden rubbish, stuff etc.

Just after some real world user feedback or comment....

TIA

i made my own in the same style - we have a lwb 9 seater which we've converted into 5 seater keeping the triple bench rear..

im currently redesigning another bed as it was a pain to deply and had to be done from the front and then the rear.. not practical.

it was very comfy and fine when down, but im designing a system that slides with two matresses (one above the other) that slide out to create the bed. This can be done from inside the van, and should be light & easy to do.. Also with matresses it means the bed is made and no faff of inflating things..

I have the double and have not used it anger yet (so this review may be no use!), However, the build quality is good (better than I was expecting) and fits in minutes. The bed frame is grey which looks better than the pictures on the website. The bed has a grippy top to stop your mattress sliding around.

I would recommend.

Back