Km/h

Bertie

Hi,
I'm two months into a T6 Caravelle and loving everyone minute of it. Mainly used as a minibus to cart huge family about.

However, on the central MFD screen, it shows my speed in KM/h in a digital format (as well as having the traditional mph dial just above). The dealership said its always like that and sold me a yarn that it's useful for driving on the continent.

Is it not possible to change this speedo to mph to make it actually useful?

Thanks
(At av mpg at 34.9)

I had the same crap from my dealer claiming it can't be changed for safety reasons if you were to go over to the continent. Pointed out that km/h features on the speedo dial, so he was talking out of his derrier.
Anyway, it is totally possible, as I have changed it using the awesome guidance of the sage and eminent @Pauly, as have a lot of other folk on here.
If you join up as a VIP member you will have access to the reprogramming codes that Pauly has put together on every tweek possible with VCDS.
Once you have altered the VCDS setting you then need to make a couple of tweaks to the MFD.
Try this guide.
Changing the Speed Display on VW T5 California Dash Insert

Thanks both. New to this game so don't have a VCDS. Looks like an expensive piece of kit just for that change; however is there a link to another post with other handy things I could improve if I got one?

Happy Christmas too!

Thanks both. New to this game so don't have a VCDS. Looks like an expensive piece of kit just for that change; however is there a link to another post with other handy things I could improve if I got one?

Happy Christmas too!
Yep, there is loads. Look in the VCDS area of the forum, or join up as a VIP member and then you can download a full listing.
There are people on the site with VCDS who you could possibly go and meet up with, they have the yellow markers on the map.
Mods I've made are:-
Lock doors at 10mph
Unlock doors when key leaves ignition
Tear drop wipers
MPH on the dash
Brake lights flash on emergency braking
Front fog lights rather than dipped headlights for coming home function

There is probably others but I can't remember what I've done. Now need to go back in to it and enable the rear speaker fader as I have put speakers in the back.

Lock doors at 10mph
Unlock doors when key leaves ignition
Tear drop wipers

My 2011 startline has auto lock etc great feature. My 2012 startline and t6 Highline don't. Very odd.

I had to google teardrop wipers. Great feature as I always drippy drippy.

Couldn't have emergency breaking. Everytime I want to have fun the hazzards would go off late breaking into a corner.

My 2011 startline has auto lock etc great feature. My 2012 startline and t6 Highline don't. Very odd.

I had to google teardrop wipers. Great feature as I always drippy drippy.

Couldn't have emergency breaking. Everytime I want to have fun the hazzards would go off late breaking into a corner.
Ratty, It's actually the brake lights that pulse rapidly on the emergency stop that is enabled through VCDS.
I remember my last Emergency Response Driving assessment had to do the braking runs, and could not figure out why the hazards kept turning on, until the assessor pointed out it was a feature of the car. D'oh!

Once it's been changed with VCDS, you can change between units with the mfd- best of both worlds !

Back