Key switched supply rear of van

Tried searching to no avail probably quicker to post and ask. Looking for a key switched 12v positive in the rear offside of my van to power a dashcam going on the upper rear offside window. Anyone know if there is such a supply? Maybe from rear light cluster ? Other thought is to tap into the supply for the driving lights as have them on all the time. Trying to avoid a full length of the van refit for a supply but may have no choice….

There isn't one and any supply from the light clusters will not be clean and will possibly cause issues with your dashcam.

Oh yes there is!
The power to my rear wipers is ignition switched ( barn doors ) I have used one side for a rearview cam for towing and the other for a recording dashcam.

Oh yes there is!
The power to my rear wipers is ignition switched ( barn doors ) I have used one side for a rearview cam for towing and the other for a recording dashcam.
Interesting do you know where that loom routes ? Never thought of wiper. I have tailgate however …

Everyday is a school day. @oldiebut goodie is correct, The power for the rear wiper, barn door and rear lid is fed from terminal 75x which is live when the ignition is on however it does power down on cranking the engine. Fed from SC25. It's a Green/black trace wire which you'll find in the black 17 pin connector near the left D pillar on the rear left roof frame. As the cables pass through the bellows they'll all be white.

Back