Key lock

Rick

Builder
T6 Pro
when my t6 kombi highline has been locked with remote and later opened with key my alarm goes off is this normal

Yes its normal as you are opening the van without disarming the alarm

Yes its normal as you are opening the van without disarming the alarm
Hi @Pauly, I have just come across this myself. Is there a way of locking / unlocking the van with just the wet key, if it's been locked using the fob key? I only have one fob.

Ian

The fixed key will lock/unlock the van it will just set the alarm off when you open the door as the alarm wont have been unset with the remote fob, after unlocking you just need to put the key in ignition and turn on for the van to read the immobiliser chip in the key and when recognised it will turn off the alarm and engine will start

Last edited:
The fixed key will lock/unlock the van it will just set the alarm off when you open the door and the alarm wont have been unset with the remote fob, after unlocking you just need to put the key in ignition and turn on for the van to read the immobiliser chip in the key and when recognised it will turn off the alarm and engine will start
I like this function not sure my Neihbors would a 3am lol

The fixed key will lock/unlock the van it will just set the alarm off when you open the door as the alarm wont have been unset with the remote fob, after unlocking you just need to put the key in ignition and turn on for the van to read the immobiliser chip in the key and when recognised it will turn off the alarm and engine will start
Thanks @Pauly, as always very helpful.

The rigid key that comes with the van without buttons on it, like one for a car 10-20 years ago

Standard is one rigid key and two flip keys with buttons
I think if you opt for four flip keys this may delete the one rigid key

Mine was an x demo with 2 fobs but no wet key.
Email to the dealer Monday as a wet key would be ideal when I'm out in the kayak.

I only got one fob and one wet with mine. I am after another fob key, any recommendations for a key cutting / programming service?

We also have a wet key / surf key (depending who you talk to) and the alarm going off when you use it to unlock the door is very annoying us for everyone else around us. From my understanding the alarm going of is a new feature for the T6, I believe that there is a delay on the older models. I cant believe VW would want this as a feature, unlock door and alarm sounds. Not very user friendly

Back